“Amazing views and service!”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
British Columbia
“Amazing views and service!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at this resort for one night in the summer. It was fabulous - service - views - amenities - all amazing. Great place to stay from resort itself to the area of town. Great places to hike and bike. Saunas and steam rooms were amazing as well. Would like to stay longer next time!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your great review! It is wonderful to hear what fabulous visit you had with us at Sparkling Hill. I am so pleased that you found the service, the views and the complimentary amenities to all be amazing. We do have some wonderful hiking trails and great biking areas with also beautiful views!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill for a longer stay in the near future!

Kind Regards,

CEO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
KelownaBC
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I called and booked a spa appointment while not staying at the resort but curious as an avid spa goer, and have been wanting to try out Sparkling Hill.
The lady I booked with on the phone advised to arrive 20 minutes early and that a day pass would be an additional $50.00 to use any facilities outside of what was booked.
I declined the day pass.

Upon arrival I was greeted and advised I was early for my appointment (I knew this but wanted to be sure I could find the resort and where I was going).

I was given a tour, which was a walk down the hallway and shown different areas leading up to where my appointment would take place, and advised as I was early I would need to wait at the benches at the designated area.

As the lady knew I was early by 45 minutes opposed to the 20 minutes, she offered me a place to wait in the tea room for the extra 25 minutes.

I was disappointed in a few things... being an avid spa goer everywhere I travel and frequently us the spa in my own city (Kelowna), I am accustomed to some procedures and ways things are done to be guest orientated for their max. enjoyment, and kur spa was the worst spa I have ever been to when it come to this.

As a day guest you are shown into where you need to wait, no offer to change into a robe/slippers or offered locker for your bag or personal belongings. You can see hotel guests in their robes and slippers with towels, but this service is not extended to day use guests at all.

The waiting areas are uncomfortable and out in the open opposed to being a quiet room setting the ambiance to relax and truly be a spa like feel.

The spa services are aligned down a long hallway in which you walk down to access various parts, non of which are sound proof or set in a mood (music, lighting, smells, etc) to truly feel like you are in a spa in my opinion.

The day guests despite paying the same for services (or in cases more than a guest) are definitely made to feel less than appreciated or welcome than hotel guests in terms the entire experience.

While I waited (10 mins prior to booking) the attendant in that area acknowledged me and said she was setting up for the 3 services booked and will be with me shortly. The service itself was okay. The lighting in the room as well as all the area noise (a lot of staff talking and laughing) was distracting and less than relaxing for people getting services.

The lady that provided me my booked service was great, friendly, and very personable, and I have no complaints on her whatsoever, she even apologized for the helicopter landing (noise) during my service.

The views are to amazing and definitely the selling point of the area and resort. The spa itself was a one time visit for me, I am greatly disappointed in the Kur Spa and won't be back or recommending it going forward. I truly believe that it would be worth sending the management of the spa to a couple high class spa facilities to see how much the little things make a difference and how to maximize their facility to guests both in and out of house.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MCulic
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your most recent KurSpa experience. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in our spa and that you will not be returning. Majority of our guests come to Sparkling Hill for our KurSpa, as we are a destination spa and the feedback we receive from them is usually always positive. We only have a few day spa guests as we understand that they are not able to fully experience the KurSpa as they should, coming for a day to the KurSpa is not enough time for one to become familiar with all of the wonderful amenities that we offer to our guests. We always highly recommend for guests to stay with us and they are always glad that they did since they can then comprehend what a big component the spa really is.

Sparkling Hill is very health orientated so the KurSpa is not a normal spa to begin with; we focus on providing a better lifestyle and for guests to really rejuvenate and renew themselves. I am disappointed that you were unable to experience the great benefits of the KurSpa and highly recommend spending a night or two with us to better understand the benefit and stream of the KurSpa.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you return to Sparkling Hill for an overnight stay to truly experience the spa.

Best Regards,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at Sparkling Hills Resort, beautiful location enjoyed the many amenities
of the Spa, would recommend plastic flip flops for the spa as the disposable slippers were slippery if the floor was wet. Also would be nice to have locate fruit or heathy snacks in the tea room.

Dinner was fantastic and the view in the dining room amazing would highly recommend.

Only complaint is service, requested front desk have the valet load 2 small pieces of luggage
In the car while we had a quick breakfast. Car was brought up but luggage was still sitting at front desk. Also No turndown service at night?
Have stayed at numerous five star resorts, Sparkling Hills is in a fantastic location but service
Needs improving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Leslie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all of the complimentary amenities that come with your stay. Your recommendation for plastic flip flops is a great idea. Thank you for bringing to our attention that we need to have some fruit or healthy snacks in the tea room, we usually have bowls of fresh fruit available throughout the spa but perhaps we need to relocate them.

The view in the dining room is amazing and I am glad to hear that dinner was fantastic.

It was disappointing to read that valet had not loaded your luggage into your vehicle, I truly apologize for this as majority of our guests are quite pleased with our valet team members. I have passed this feedback onto our front office team.

Thank you for providing us with your thoughts and for allowing us the opportunity to learn from your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill.

Vernon, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place is a fantastic escape. Driving through Predator Ridge to get here and then seeing the hotel perched on the rocks way above Okanagan Lake are the perfect start to a weekend getaway. The valet parking and easy check in were appreciated. We had a lake view room and it was amazing. I think that some of the mountain view rooms would give you a great view of the golf course, but I am not sure. Our room had floor to ceiling windows, a stand alone tub in front of the window and the most comfortable king bed ever. The lighting in the room was amazing. There were crystal lights in the ceiling, a light that displayed images of crystals on the ceiling, a wall with a built in light of crystals and a cabinet containing crystals that would light up. Each of these lights could be on or off and they set an incredible ambiance.

We received a tour of the spa area from a wonderful lady who showed us all areas and set us up with appointments. The tour was great as we wanted to know where the gym area was so that we could go there in runners and then go to the spa areas in the provided robes. The steam rooms and pool were fantastic and it was also great to lounge on the pool deck overlooking the amazing view. Meals and service in the restaurant were fantastic.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are worth the upgrade.
1 Thank relaxinvernon
Thank you for your review. It is so rewarding for us to hear what a simply amazing visit one of our guests had at Sparkling Hill. I am happy to read that your valet parking and check in were easy and that you found the view in your room to be amazing. We do have over 3 million Swarovski crystals in the hotel and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed how we incorporated them into the hotel.

It is wonderful that you were able to receive a tour of the KurSpa as well as some appointments, I am sure you were relaxed!

Thank you for the compliments regarding the meals and service in the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill as a return guest!

Best Regards,

Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was treated to truffles and a drink on my birthday. Room and service were perfect all around. View was fabulous, spa and pools were wonderful. Best massage ever. Breakfast was included and was very tasty.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a lake view is definitely worth it.
1 Thank Sharon P
Dear Sharon,

Happy belated birthday! Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special day with! It is great to hear that you were treated to truffles and a drink on your birthday and had such a wonderful time. I have passed your kind compliments regarding having the best massage ever onto our KurSpa Manager and that you found the complimentary breakfast to be very tasty onto our Executive Chef.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we hope to welcome you back for another birthday celebration!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The resort is a tranquil get away from it all retreat. A visit to the spa is a must, facility is great offering a variety of treatments including cold sauna. Overall the service was good, a nice short get away from Vancouver.

Dear Nathalie,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a nice short getaway from Vancouver to Sparkling Hill. Our 40,000 sq ft. KurSpa really is the heart of the hotel and we do offer over 100 different treatments!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill for another relaxing experience!

Kind Regards,

British Columbia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Sparkling Hill is a great escape for rejuvenation and relaxation or just for a great meal. Our one night stay was for a birthday celebration and the promotional rate included the room, dinner and breakfast.
Mike K. was at the desk during our check-in and since I was having a birthday, we were upgraded to lake view room which was quite spectacular. The room was spacious, and pleasantly appointed. The corner tub with a view of the lake was made for relaxing. A shower that could be entered from opposite sides was most interesting. Nice rain spout but unfortunately the hand held shower was extremely difficult to use.
Plush robes and slippers were available to wear down to the steam rooms and spa/pool area. The steam rooms and sauna rooms were interesting to try. The pool was most pleasant.
Back in the room, I discovered chocolates and a voucher for drinks at the bar had been sent up along with a birthday card. Nice touch from Mike.
Dinner was incredible. We have experienced many fine meals, but the three course dinner we had, certainly met and maybe even exceeded some we've had. Breakfast too, was more than adequate.
Although we had heard of the million plus Swarovski crystals used in the construction and expected something garish, we were pleasantly surprised at the way they crystals had been incorporated.
Most enjoyable stay. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view but you won't be disappointed with a mountain view either.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hopka
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. What a wonderful description of Sparkling Hill! Happy Belated Birthday to you! I am so delighted that you were able to have such a special birthday celebration with us. I am very pleased to hear that you found the dinner to be incredible and one of the finest you have had, I have passed your kind compliments onto our Executive Chef.

It is great to read how Mike was able to upgrade you to a lake view room and arranged some chocolates and a card in your room. All of our team members try to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is great that he was able to do so for you.

Thank you again for your review and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back as return guests.

CEO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Vernon
#1 of 34 in Kelowna
Predator Ridge Resort
Predator Ridge Resort
#6 of 20 in Vernon

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!