“A fantastic retreat”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow, It is nice to have such a beautiful resort and spa available in our home province of B.C. The rooms, service, spa services and meals were excellent! If my gold shares ever go up in value we will certainly be back!!

Room Tip: All the rooms look like they would be fine, even the mountain view rooms which we stayed in were exc...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was such a pleasure to read that you found everything to be excellent, we strive to make every guests stay unique and memorable. We do have some fantastic last minute deals available so please ensure that you are signed up for our newsletter which can be done on our website!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

CEO

Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have probably been to Sparkling Hills 3 or 4 times now as we often have meetings there and make it an excuse to stay. We arent actually big pamper people but we do enjoy the many free amenities the spa has to offer--a variety of saunas at varying temperatures and a beautiful pool. We just love the setting, the rooms are bright, well appointed and have fabulous views. The breakfast, which is included, has a huge variety of hot and cold fare that could satisfy anyone, and the dining room offers great meals. What is not to like? The room prices are also very good. It makes a great weekend getaway. Give it a try

Room Tip: we have always overlooked the lake and any of those rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank applepop
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

It was such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us again! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed all of the complimentary amenities that come with your stay. I am also thrilled to hear that you love our setting and find the rooms to be bright and with fabulous views, I completely agree! Thank you for noting how much you enjoy the culinary side, I have passed your compliments onto our Executive Chef.

Thank you for your continued support and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for many more future visit!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Me and my girlfriend booked a week days get away in Sparkling Hill Resort and it turned out to be amazing.
The Hotel is located on top of a hill overlooking the golf course on one side and the Okanagan lake on the other side. Our room had lake view, just stunning view, the sunsets were memorable! The room is well appointed with Swarowski crystals and super comfortable mattress, big windows from the ceiling to the floors and a soaking tub overlooking the lake.
The KurSpa is fantastic really well designed and it offers a variety of rooms with different temperature and scents. Indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools and Jacuzzi are available.
My favorite place is the Serenity room where you can relax and read a book without having people chatting around you.
The staff is friendly and efficient, there is a valet parking available.
It was a very pleasant stay and I will definitely recommend you to all my friends.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with Lake view, it's worth
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your most recent visit with us. I am thrilled that we were able to create such a memorable experience for you and your girlfriend.

The Serenity Room is our relaxation room and it is also my favorite, you can easily become consumed in a book or even take a relaxing nap! The view is absolutely breathtaking and the best in the whole hotel, in my opinion.

Again many thanks for your thoughts and your recommendation to friends as there is nothing more valuable than referrals from our guests.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting Sparkling Hills Resort in Vernon, British Colombia on June 7-10th.for the 30 year reunion of my medical school class. Getting there was reasonably easy – a direct flight goes from Edmonton to Kelowna. We had a limousine waiting that took us the 45 minute drive to Predator Ridge where the resort is located.

Let me first concentrate on the good – the view from this hotel is magnificent. Overlooking lake Okanagan, it is gorgeous. Or if you have a room overlooking the golf course, it is equally beautiful.

The motive is” sparkling” and crystals (Swarovski) are everywhere. Entering there is a crystal chandelier. In the “fireplace” of each room. are crystals lit by an led. An even in the spa – they are everywhere.

Check-in is easy and quick. A porter is available to help with the luggage ad gives you a quick tour of the hotel and walks you through the room.

The use of light in magnificent. The hotel room is well lit and mirrors are strategically placed to make the room look bigger and the room brighter.

The spa is the largest in Canada. Several things are very good- the outdoor and indoor pools are heated, and the they are large enough to allow lengths to be swum. There also is an indoor hot tub which is warm and good to soak in. All of these are handicap friendly.

There is also a tranquility room, a motion room, an exercise room, and a cold room (at -110 degrees centigrade, so cold you are allowed 3 minutes.

Now the bad – little things are overlooked. The in room menu has very little on it. The room lacks little things like q tips. The shower head was stuck and wouldn’t work. One colleague checked in and found snails in her bed. The wine in the room on the desk was not Okangan but rather Argentenian

We went to the small restauarnt on minus level. The sandwiches were rather tasteless and the waitress forgot our iced tea.

But the worse were the saunas. We got there at 10:50 in the morning. We were told they are closed 11-4 for cleaning. That’s bizarre. Why in the world can’t they be cleaned in the evening or night?

It’s for this reason I cannot give it a great rating. Will we return? Perhaps

Room Tip: Choose the lake view or the golf course view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BarryL798
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Barry,

Thank you for your review. It was such a pleasure hosting your 30 year medical school reunion. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed the views from the hotel, they are truly breathtaking. It is also great that you enjoyed the pools, the fitness room, and the tea and serenity room. The -110C Cold Sauna is our signature treatment, it is really beneficial for guests with arthritis or any joint issues and is the first one in North America!

I was concerned to hear of the areas that left you feeling disappointed. The wine that we provide in the room is from the winery that is owned by Mr.Gernot Langes-Swarovski (who also owns Sparkling Hill), the winery is located in Argentina; we do offer numerous wines from the Okanagan valley on our extensive wine list for guests to enjoy. I am very concerned to hear that you found the sandwiches from Barrique & Java to be tasteless as this is not the usual feedback we receive. I sincerely apologize that the server forgot your iced tea, this is completely unacceptable and I have advised our Restaurant Manager to ensure it does not happen again.

The steams and saunas can unfortunately only be on for approximately 8 hours per day as they do run 365 days per year and are high in demand. The hours of operation are from 9am-11am for guests to enjoy prior to check out and then they do close for cleaning and maintenance until 4pm. From 4pm – 10pm they open again for all guests, including new check ins. We have developed these hours of operation based on guests’ feedback. I apologize that you found this to be inconvenient.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback and I do hope that you allow us the opportunity to learn from your experience and return to Sparkling Hill.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

****Do not believe the previous negative reviews! I too have owned a spa and have traveled the world experiencing spas in Europe, Asia and even Bali. Last week was our fourth visit to Sparkling Hill and again, the Kur Spa was incredible. The European standard of service is always a treat and greatly appreciated. The spa amenities never fail to relax and de-stress, the spa treatments are always professional and blissful. My husband and I both enjoyed a body wrap and massage. The therapists we had were very well trained, kind and paid great attention to detail. Book some time 'off' of you spa experience and have lunch at their cafe. We sat out on the lakeside deck and enjoyed a glass of wine/champagne with a cheese platter ($15) which was delicious and very filling. We next enjoyed 2 massive and scrumptious salads that were a mere $8 each. Each was twice as big and half the cost of the dinner salad I had a couple days before at Predator Ridge golf club. We were stuffed but had to share a desert. My husband chose the apple strudel with home made ice cream, I don't usually eat desert but it was an explosion of perfection with each bite. Really! Also, try the 'handmade' chocolates (milk, white or dark), they are incredible and absolutely worth the minimal cost.

I can't imagine trying to critique this place by just 'popping' in for a massage and a steam bath. The true spa experience must include at least a one or two nights stay at the hotel, otherwise, you really are missing the point.

Part of me hates to indulge simple negativity (like the previous reviews) but I live in Calgary and I am extremely tired of the _itchy mid life females that leave a wake of negativity and broken smiles with their entitled, self indulgent and constantly critical diatribe. It seems they are looking for a $30 nail spa close to their favorite Starbucks where they can naw on granola bars ('snacks') and enjoy the 'flowers' painted on the mirrors while catching up on the latest Kardashian drama.

Don't be fooled by those wanting to simply vent personal frustrations on review websites, 'SPARKLING HILL' is an incredible experience you'll never forget.
I

Room Tip: Take a pair of flip-flops or water friendly sandles.
1  Thank lovetravel1970

Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic review and continued support that you have provided us. I am happy to hear that you found the heart of the hotel, the KurSpa to be incredible! It is always very rewarding when we hear that guests find a way to relax and de-stress when they visit us, as this is how we want all of our guests to feel. Barrique & Java is a very popular place for our guests to go to enjoy a light lunch, especially since they can go between their treatments in their robes and slippers! I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the food there and have passed your thoughts onto our Culinary side as they always like to receive feedback. I absolutely agree that the handmade chocolates are incredible, you can never just have one.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your fifth visit to Sparkling Hill!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent two days at Sparkling Hill, we found in general the staff very friendly and attentive.
As it was my wife's birthday we ate that evening in the restaurant. The waiter and food was great, however for a fine dining restaurant, the food arrived at our table before we took a sip of our wine. the whole dining took less than 30 minutes. If we wanted fast service we would go to McDonalds.
Also our sake in the room malfunctioned and had to be replaced, the shower head also was too stiff to change to the hand shower only, difficult for a lady to operate.
We have stayed here before and enjoyed the Chef's cooking demo, no longer held.

in all a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Sparkling Hill. I am very pleased to hear how you found the staff to be very friendly and attentive, we try to make every guests stay unique and memorable.

I would like to apologize that you felt the service was too quick in the restaurant for dinner; I have passed this valuable feedback onto our Restaurant Manager and our Executive Chef to ensure everything is served in a more well-timed manner.

I am disappointed to hear that your sake malfunctioned and that the shower head was too stiff to change to the hand shower, our Maintenance team is investigating this to ensure it is fixed.
Our Chef’s cooking demo is usually included in a special package and unfortunately we currently do not offer any of these packages, but we may again in the future!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our 2nd stay at this resort. After having cancelled 2 previous reservations we were really looking forward to this getaway. We had signed up for their email newsletter, and awaited the right special before choosing this past weekend June 8/9 to stay. When we checked in, were a couple of hours early, but our room was ready,and also upgraded to a lake view which was a nice surprise. The special we booked included originally a standard mountain view, 2 course meal, steam rooms, use of the pools and breakfast as well.

The weather was overcast, but still nice enough to enjoy the outdoor trails before the steam rooms opened at 4:00. The trails are beautiful, and have spectacular views of Okanagan lake and the surrounding countryside.

Our room was fabulous, with a king size bed and a soaker tub overlooking Okanagan lake. The bed was quite comfortable, and they had left little chocolate truffles to welcome us. Mmm!

We used the pools and steam facilities before dinner, and had them pretty much to ourselves. It seemed they were not at full capacity, although the restaurant was quite full when we went for dinner. The panoramic sauna was closed, which wasnt too disappointing for me as I'm not much of a dry sauna fan, but the others were all up and running fine. The only negative commets i have were that the scents in the Aqua steam room were too strong and musky to enjoy, so if you are sensitive to some smells.. This room may it be a good choice. The other room that was heavily scented was the rose room, but it was bearable enough to not be too overly powerful. Our favourite room was the salt room, with the touch of menthol in the air. We briefly tried the crystal room, as it was our fav last trip, but there was a odd odour coming from it (somewhat like wet dog..) so we didn't use it. The ice room this time, did not have the ice block walls as before so I'm or sure if its a new feature, or ... But the ice chip fountain still worked well.

The pools were lovely, especially the indoor pool that you can float and see the twinkling lights and hear the music underneath. Very relaxing!

As for dinner, we enjoyed a couple different cheese selections, the elk Denver leg, veal cheeks and stuffed chicken with chorizo. Neither one of us left a morsel untouched. Presentation, service, and quality of food was outstanding. Even the buttermilk mousse was fantastic. After dinner we enjoyed the steam rooms again before settling down for a beautifully relaxing evening overlooking the lake.

The service, was top notch. As always,and it was the perfect getaway for the two iof us before a family trip next week. We are definitely in holiday mode now, and are eagerly awaiting our next return!

Thank you, for making it so easy to celebrate us, by all that you worked so hard to provide, as you pull it off so effortlessly!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

It is us who need to thank you for your continued support! I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful visit with us at Sparkling Hill! I am thrilled to know that our guest rooms with beautiful views and comfortable beds made your stay so much more enjoyable. I am also pleased to hear that you also relaxed and rejuvenated in our 40,000 sq ft KurSpa. The pools are lovely and the perfect place to unwind! I have passed the scent comments regarding the steams and saunas onto our Maintenance Manager to investigate and I apologize for this inconvenience.

We are fortunate to have so many passionate and professional team members and it would be my pleasure to share your kind thoughts with the entire team.

Thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill soon.

Best Regards,