“The best spa vacation!!!”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I just returned from our 4th visit to Sparkling Hills. It is a fantastic spa. The location is spectacular with lots of walking trails, world class golf at predator ridge. the hotel design is gorgeous with awesome views. the food in the restaurant was excellent for both breakfast buffet and dinner. We love the Kur Spa with numerous saunas and steam rooms, pools and hot tub. I guess you are seeing we love this place. Most importantly the staff are among the most helpful service oriented folks we have ever seen - we've done a lot of traveling globally in 4 and 5 * properties. The staff at Sparkling Hill are super attentive, very friendly without being intrusive and make the stay exceptional. We will definitely be going back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We pride ourselves on delivering personalized exceptional service through a team that is passionate and committed to every guest and we thank you for noticing this. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the restaurant and the KurSpa and of course the breathtaking view (from anywhere in the resort!). It is wonderful that you were able to experience all of the amenities again during your 4th visit. Congratulations on being the 500th reviewer!

I look forward to welcoming you back for your 5th visit and greatly appreciate your support.

CEO

Write a ReviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just back from a one night stay at Sparkling Hill Resort. It is the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen! The use of crystals throughout is amazing. The room was gorgeous and the views throughout the resort are stunning. The pools, saunas and steam rooms are invigorating - actually, the only things I can say I did not like was the memory foam mattress on the bed, the early daylight, and not being able to leave a window open. Having never slept on a memory foam mattress before, I am glad I have not purchased one. Trying to move was like being held captive. But once asleep - bliss. Our room faced east, and although there are double blackout blinds on the windows, there are huge gaps between them where the morning sun came through. A bit of an early wakeup. As for the window, we like our room very cool for sleeping and could not get it cool enough. There is a warning to not leave windows (floor to ceiling) open in case "critters" come in, so we did not leave it open for the night. BUT WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK!

Room Tip: if you don't want to wake up early, choose a lake view room. Better view and no early sunshine.
2  Thank ladycanuck16

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your view, room, pools, and the 7 different steams & sauna. You are absolutely right when saying they are invigorating.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our beds, majority of our guests compliment them so I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy it until you fell asleep (of course I am pleased to hear that once you fell asleep it was bliss).

Being situated on top of a mountain it does get bright early in the morning for any rooms facing the Monashee Mountains and the Predator Ridge Golf Course, with spring here now it becomes lighter even sooner, I apologize that this woke you early. I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to a lakeview room next time you visit, hopefully this will allow you to sleep a bit longer, please send me a private message when you plan to return and I would be pleased to arrange this for you.

Since we are surrounded by nature we do have some wildlife such as squirrels and mice that always enjoy some snacks that may have been left out, because of this we recommend for guests to not leave the sliding door open unattended, I apologize that this was inconvenient for you and we will consider some solutions.

Thank you again for your thoughts and I appreciate the opportunity to learn from all experiences. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited Sparkling Hills in April and this was the second time we stayed there. We found the staff to be great, the rooms, spa and atmosphere of the resort wonderful. Not sure why the restaurant continues to be a sore point. The quality of the food is good, but the portions are ridiculously merger and we are not big eaters. My husband and I both had the Steel Head Trout as an entrée at $32 each, The trout itself was a decent size but it was suppose to come with risotto. Couldn't find any on the plate but upon lifting up the trout there spread so very thinly was no more than 1 1/2 tbsps. of risotto. You gotta be kidding! Risotto doesn't cost a lot and even 1/4 would have been sufficient. Anyway, we'll be back to stay at the resort. Not sure however,if we will eat in the restaurant again although we would like to support it when we stay there.
So many of the guests leave the property to have dinner elsewhere and the resort it appears isn't interested in encouraging more guests eat at the resort. They should consider having the coffee shop open in the evening as a more casual alternative to the dining room. The current policy of changing the dining room's limited menu nightly and only releasing the menu daily at 5 or 5:50pm really doesn't work for most guests. it would make more sense to have a few regular menu items and a couple of weekly or nightly specials. If the resort is interested in having their guests frequent the dining room for dinner they could at least give these suggestions a try.

Room Tip: Both lakeview and mountainview have outstanding views
2  Thank kate192

Dear Kate,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Sparkling Hill. I was delighted to read that you found the staff, the rooms, the spa and the atmosphere of the resort to be wonderful. I was however disappointed to learn that the food aspect of your experience in the PeakFine was not as wonderful as the rest of the areas. Please accept our most sincere apology in this regard and we appreciate you providing our Chef with a few menu suggestions. I have shared your thoughts with our Executive Chef Thomas Kluckner. I am sorry that our restaurant did not meet your expectations and truly hope you will grant us the opportunity to learn from your experience.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again and providing that wonderful experience in all areas of the resort.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was raised in Europe, and have seen many beautiful places around the world. I have seen many hotels in many countries, yet never a wellness retreat as phenomenal as Sparkling Hill Resort. And that all within a short drive of my new home in Kelowna. All aspects of this resort are simply perfect. The geographical location, the breathtaking view, the variety of spa services, the elegant rooms which let you feel like royalty for a weekend, the personable and qualified staff team, and even the janitor who makes it his mission to satisfy the needs of the spa guests. Not to forget the hotel manager and his lovely wife, who are an attraction in and of themselves, and who make you feel like not only a guest, but a friend. This is only a snippet of my overall impression. You will in no wise be able to disagree with me after you experience this resort for yourself! I assure you that your first getaway here will not be your last!

- Anatoly Gering

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Anatoly,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you had a wonderful visit and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We have wonderful staffs who truly try to exceed every guest’s expectation. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed all of our facilities and it was such a pleasure to meet you during your visit. The view is truly breathtaking from every corner of the resort.

I look forward to your return to Sparkling Hill as a return guest.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our 1st time at this resort! We tried this place purely because we got a discounted pkg price on the off-season. We weren't able to get a babysitter & had to take our two kids with us. This hotel accomodated us and went the extra mile to help make our stay comfortable. The crystal everywhere is absolutely stunning!! Our room was ultra clean, comfortable, high quality and beautiful lakeside (also had mountains) view! The service was outstanding. I loved the pools! Note: spa area, including pools are only for ages 16+ yrs. Our kids couldn't go in, but didn't miss out as they had their own retreat in the soaker tub in our room with the view, scented salts and crystals on the ceiling. Super comfy beds with down duvets and memory foam mattress. Breakfast was delicious, plentiful with a wide variety of healthy options. It looked like a work of art! We loved that it was included. The staff in the restaurant were so welcoming and friendly, awesome service. I would come back to the restaurant, even if I didn't stay, it was that good! This resort is healing. Thank you to each of the staff for your excellent service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We truly appreciate and thank you for your review. Our mission is to always try to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is always so great to hear when we succeeded. The staff will be very thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and that you complimented all of them.

We hope to see you and your family soon as return guests.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel has a spectacular location in the Okanagan Valley. It is European in style and truly wonderful. The most outstanding aspects of the hotel are:
- the views. We had a lake-side room and woke up every morning to a most beautiful sunrises and enjoyed spectacular sunsets. We saw deer and bald eagles and at night, heard the coyotes who have a den nearby. The rooms are well designed and the bed is very comfortable.
- the food. The menu at PeakFine changes daily - it is a 5-star restaurant. We had dinner three nights in a row and each night's updated menu was excellent. They have a good selection of local wines and if Portfolio is still available, it's a great choice. We had lunch at Barrique & Java and I'd highly recommend the nan chicken curry sandwich.
- the spa. It's huge. I had massages with Bobbi and Dean. If you are looking for a deep (and I mean waay deep) massage, Dean is excellent. Sherie did my facial and did an excellent job. The only reason I did not give the spa 5-stars is because it was particularly busy for spring break. When we noted this, the CEO (Hans-Peter) immediately contacted us to address our concerns. I have to say, he couldn't have been nicer and more honest about the challenges. Our understanding is that it our experience was truly atypical. Hans-Peter is a true gentleman.

So you can't go wrong with Sparkling Hills - we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. Bobbi Dean and Cherie will be delighted to have been mentioned. Thank you also for mentioning your concern regarding how busy the spa was during spring break and for allowing me to explain to you why this was as usually the resort can be full but the facilities never seem too busy. It was such a pleasure speaking to both of you and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Sparkling Hill in the near future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was treated to an overnight stay at this resort on my 80th birthday. The resort is gorgeous, very relaxing atmosphere. Tried the saunas & steam rooms, had a massage, dinner at Peaks restaurant. Fantastic staff, great service, great dinner. Loved our room, great bed, breathtaking view. Very clean. A world class resort, will return, next time for a longer stay!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Larry,

Happy Belated Birthday from all of us at Sparkling Hill that were unable to relay this message to you during your visit. I am delighted that your special day was everything you expected and hopefully much more.

We hope you visit again, perhaps for your 81st birthday.