“Stunning and Relaxing”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Stunning and Relaxing”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My Fiancée and I stayed at Sparkling Hill Resort for an event that they hosted. The ballroom where the event was held is beautiful. The view of the sunset off the veranda is breathtaking and the food is fantastic. Our room was stunning and had an amazing view. No matter where your room is situated in the resort you will have a fantastic view.

Don't forget to take advantage of the unbelievable SPA as it is the main focus of the resort and when you stay you have access to the steam rooms, sauna, fitness room and meditation rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank danlaw85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The most remarkable part of our stay, aside from the delicious food and accomodating staff, was the unbelievable view. You can see such a large portion of the OKanagan that is simply gorgeous. We will most definitely be going back. One of the most relaxing trips we've had.

Alberta
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We took our small staff (10) and their spouses/partners to Sparkling Hill for a training workshop/retreat/recognition event. We could not have selected a better venue. The staff saw to our every need, the food, the views, the spa.... spectacular.
We had a small private room on the lower level for our training sessions so it was quiet and the only distraction was the view.
Our rooms were beyond our expectations. Whether the room faced out over Predator Ridge towards Lake Kalamalka or over Lake Okanagan the views were incredible. Imagine soaking in a deep tub right next to the window with the stars and the lake sparkling below.
When our workshops were over we took advantage of the spa and there were so many complimentary steams and saunas to choose from. We all enjoyed both pools (indoor and out) and the biggest hot tub ever!
Sparkling Hill Resort is the perfect destination for a special occasion or event.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Grammagoz
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Have you ever stayed in a hotel, where it was so spectacular, that you could hardly find the words to describe your experience? ..... We recently spent 2 glorious nights at Sparkling Hill Resort in Vernon, BC. Even if we had stayed in our suite for the entire 2 days, we would have rated this resort a 5+ star! Our room was so luxurious, with the most breathtaking view of the Okanagan Lake. The beautiful bedding, and the king size mattress and pillows were the best I had EVER experienced, and I slept like a baby. I even tried to read the label on the mattress, because I wanted to purchase the very same for our home. We experienced every one of their steam/sauna rooms, including their refreshing cold sauna, and this experience left us feeling revitalized! We swam in their infinity pool, and again I was speechless! The view was a 'postcard', it did not seem real to me and it left me staring for what seemed like hours. The food was unbelievable, and the servers were very friendly. I especially enjoyed meeting Ashley, the restaurant manager. She was so genuine and very bubbly,,,, it was obvious that she loved her career. Hans Peter, (I believe he is the CEO/General Manager)....... a beautiful spirit! Just being in his presence, left us feeling very welcome! I can't say enough enough about our experience. We have already booked our next weekend getaway, and even talked about perhaps staying for a week, as our spa/wellness retreat! (I can hardly wait to sleep in that bed again!)
Heather B.

1 Thank heather_bayne
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I just got back from Sparkling Hill Resort. We stayed four nights and had a wonderful time. The room is wonderfully situated, great view of the lake, amenities are first class, comfortable memory-foam bed, very private, even the shower and bathtub have a great view, The room includes free valet parking, free internet, and also an excellent breakfast. The staff are courteous and friendly. (Thank you, Mike and Crystal at the front desk). There is a great spa credit provided with the room package, so we tried the spa. It's wonderful. I had a great facial from Cassie. The 7 saunas with different temperature setting, the indoor pool, the hot-tub and the outdoor infinity pool are all awesome. I tried the cold sauna (-100C). You gotta try it - the only one in North America. We played golf at Predator Ridge and The Rise - both are great golf courses. This is an excellent property. We had a wonderful relaxing holiday. We will definitely go back again, hopefully they will repeat the great value summer package again. This property competes with any world class resort in the world.

Room Tip: rooms facing either the lake side or the golf course side. they are both great and private with un...
3 Thank JKP926
Vancouver
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Just returned from a weekend at Sparkling Hills, and enjoyed it very much. I agree with previous reviewers in that the customer service is not quite up to the level you would expect at a resort this level.
The pros: beautiful rooms with stunning lake views. Beautiful spa with very professional services. Excellent buffet breakfast included with the room rate.
Cons: I found the service in the smaller restaurant to be extremely slow and not up to the calibre you would expect in a resort of this level. We waited for 20 minutes for our table to be cleared and even longer to order. The selection of lunch items was also quite limited.
The food was decent but not exceptional. There are VERY limited options for food at this resort. Although the spa was beautiful I was shocked at the poor sound insulation as voices carry, and my relaxing massage was disturbed by the noise. The massage room I was in was also too bright as there are windows at the top of the door which let the light in. Tip: there are some rooms with views and others without. I had 2 treatments and never got a view room, and actually didn't know about it until my technician told me. There is no price difference so you might as well ask for a view treatment room! Another note, when I checked in for my first treatment I was told to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out forms. I left the pool to be told to just walk down the hall and wait for my technician. No forms to fill out, no tour of the spa, just a lukewarm reception. Frankly I was baffled, I've been to many spas not nearly this calibre and felt more taken care of. The actual massage was very good as was the pedicure, I just feel they need to personalize the reception area. It just all felt a little disorganized.
Overall I would definately return as the positives out weighed the negatives. Hopefully the customer service will improve by my next visit. It is a lovely resort perfect for couples to relax for a weekend.

Room Tip: Lake view room
4 Thank likestotravel2010
Kelowna
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I chose the Sprakling Hills resort to celebrate our first wedding anniversay as it is only 45 minutes from home for us(Kelowna). The resort is stunning!! Very beautiful with crystals everywhere you look. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

Our first night we decided to order room service and relax in the robes and slippers provided. (however, my husbands robe had a hole in it) Our dinners were good, but not quite what we were expecting. Almost felt like it was maybe sitting for a bit before being delivered to our room. We decided to go to the restuarant after that meal.

We spent the evening in the spa area enjoying the pools and various saunas and steam rooms. Prior to going to the resort, we reviewed the website and noticed a section on spa etiquette. This included being respectful of others by keeping voices down, no splashing, male swimwear requirements and a rule about kids under the age of 16. Well... the rules are not well enforced. Our first night attempting to realx but were disrupted by a group of pre/ teens ( 12-15) that had the run of the place. They were loudly talking about their last stay and getting kicked out. No parents were insight despite the "rules". These same teens were running free in the saunas and steam rooms between "european hour" when clothing was optional. You can imagine the conversation from pre-teen boys when they discovered the people that chose to be nude. My husband and I were really looking forward to a quite restful place and if we knew that the rules we so lax, we may have chosen to stay elsewhere.

The next morning we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. The food was great and the service staff were very friendly. Once again, the only complain was the crying baby in the restaurant. We completely understand that other guests have a right to have their baby with them, but when it starts crying... maybe someone should mention that they should leave the eating area.

We decided to enjoy the beautiful outdoor infinity pool after breakfast. Found nice lounge chairs and set up to relax in the beautiful Okanagan sun. Well... by about 1:00 we decided to give up on waiting for the sun. We were not the olny ones patiently waiting either. (People were shivering) There is a big wooden barrier blocking the sun from hiting the sun deck area. There was sun on the the lake side of the pool deck ( the walk way), but this area is only wide enough for chairs. For a resort that clearly had a lot of thought put into it, it was surprising that they would block the sun from the pool deck. There is also a rule that is actually enforced that no beverages are allowed around the pool area. This does not promote sitting poolside and relaxing if you ask me. Maybe bottles of water would be a nice touch.

We pre booked a couples massage at the spa. Upon arrival we had to complete a contact information sheet ( both of us) even though we had already given all of this information to book the room and massage. I thought the information sheet was for medical purposes being that we were having a massage. There were no medical questions ( such a injuries or areas of concern) on the form. I had a male massuse and my husband had a female. My massuse was excellent. Explained what he was doing, asked about pressure and areas of concern. Although in the same room, my husbands massuse ( I am assuming a trainee) did none of these things. My husband mentioned he had a sore neck and she pretty much ignored what he said and spent time rubbing her hands through his hair?

That evening we decided to get dressed up and go for dinner to celebrate our anniversay. We were surprised to find that people were in beach shorts and tshirts for dinner. I am not saying this because we decided to get dressed up... but for a place where your dinner costs $60 a person, you'd think that a dress code of at least pants would be expected. The food was excellent and we enjoyed it very much although with most fine dining places the portions were small.

All in all.... the resort is very nice. We were impressed with the atmosphere for the most part. The staff members were all excellent. I would suggest that a staff member periodically check the pool and spa area for kids and maybe enforce the etiquette rules that are clearly posted. We did purchase one of their "summer glow" packages for our stay and therefore had a discount on the price for our stay. Had we paid full price we would have been VERY DISAPPOINTED with this resort.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank GusandErnie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Vernon
Prestige Hotel Vernon
#5 of 20 in Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon
The Castle at Swan Lake

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!