“Accomodation”

Predator Ridge Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed for the second time in Peregrine 7. This time it was very tired. On many of the window Silas there were mice droppings and dead bugs. The kitchen counter mice droppings we cleaned up daily.
The deck was dirty and we had to clean that also. We were disappointed!

Room Tip: Would not select Perigreen.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to read about your recent experience at our resort. I am sorry to read that your cottage was not up to our standards. I will be following up with our accommodations and housekeeping department to ensure this was only a one time occurrence.

We value the feedback of our guests and if you have a chance, I would appreciate a call so that I can follow up on any other concerns you may have.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Have you ever wished you could go stay at a place far away from all the noise and city excitement but at the same time have a few activities in hand to do? Well search no more as you found the perfect spot in Vernon BC at the Predator Ridge Resort!

Not only you'll be able to relax if you wish to do so but you also have lots of things to do either on site or nearby; even if you’re not a golfing person like the spa resort, winery tours, lake activities, and more. The restaurant also offers exceptional meals at a descent hotel price (worth the expensiveness). If you opt for a suite, you can do a grocery in town and enjoy your own breakfast in the robe supplied by the resort!

Seriously, don’t be intimidated by the name, photos or golfing publicity. I’m sure you’ll be as surprised as I was by the affordable price and exceptional service from the staff on site.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to relax and enjoy the Okanagan. For your next visit, we have recently just opened up our very own 'Commonage Market' which has a variety of fresh local produce and market food items so that our guests and homeowners can now spend more time at the resort instead of travelling to and from town.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was the third time that I have stayed at Predator Ridge in the past 4 summers, and it has been excellent each time. The other summer, we stayed at Sparkling Hill and golfed Predator Ridge twice. I much prefer staying at Predator Ridge but maybe that's because I am a male and for my vacation, its all about the golf. I have stayed in the cottages twice, and the lodge once, but have yet to experience the villas. On our most recent visit, I was part of a guys golf trip long weekend. The golf was excellent and the service was stellar. The weather on the other hand could have been better, but I think that it was out of Predator's control. It didn't matter, as we had a blast anyway. For groups on a budget with the focus being golf, I have to recommend the cottages for the bed configuration options, price and location. The only thing that was missing, in my opinion, was a BBQ on the deck, but there is a shared use BBQ by the pool. We found it extremely convenient to be able to cook our own food in the cottage or down by the pool.

If you are planning a guys golf weekend anywhere, I would strongly suggest Predator Ridge over Kelowna, Whistler, or Vancouver.

Room Tip: The previous time that I visited was for a romantic getaway with my wife. We were blown away by our...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to play some golf and enjoy a BBQ down at the cottage pool.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Lodging accommodations were excellent, and well worth the price, and the golf was unexpectedly superior (especially Ridge course). We are coming back with friends!

Views were stunning and holes were challenging, but not impossible. Playing from white tees advisable for first round. Even then, the 216 yard 5th hole will leave you breathless. The Predator course is very different but memorable as well, but lacks to character and stunning views of Lake Okanogan & surrounding area. SO if you're playing both, save the Ridge for last.

Room Tip: For $20 more, take a room with the course view. It's grand, especially from your private balcony...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to golf both courses and enjoy the spectacular views of the Okanagan.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went for the Sunday brunch (last sitting) but despite having made a reservation including a high chair the table wasn't ready and we had to ask for the high chair twice. Maybe it was the end of a long brunch session but we had to wait a while to be seated, a while to get served and then changed server. Didn't have the wine we wanted. Rib of beef was finished and when we asked for some more were told that was the last and they were closing soon! We pushed the point and the chef came out to say no problem and a beautiful rib came out in a couple of minutes. Bill was incorrect - charged for 5 brunches and there were only 4. Given that they weren't busy the level of service was disappointing. All added up to a feeling that we weren't wanted so won't hurry back there - not for the brunch anyway..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Predator Ridge R, Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very disappointed to read about your recent experience at our Sunday Brunch this past weekend. I am sorry to read about the service you received, as that is not the experience we want our guests to have when dining with us. I will be following up with our team on the concerns your addressed, and in no way do we want our guests to feel rushed when dining.

Warm regards,

Darren Gourlay
Food & Beverage Manager
dgourlay@predatorridge.com
250-869-2689

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent facilities. Our room was clean, bright, spacious, and had incredible views of the course!

The service at "The Range" restaurant was excellent on our first night (thanks to Jessy T). We sat in the lounge for dinner as the restaurant was full.

Unfortunately, the second night was AWFUL! The service was inconsistent, the drinks were inconsistent, the waitress was inattentive, and at one point she brought us our bill and we were not ready to leave! The three hostesses at the restaurant were a bunch of stunned bunnies who stood around all night clinging to each other and were useless.

I hope management at Predator Ridge takes note. You may have a lovely course and accommodations, but service is key and the customer is king. Better pick up your golf socks gang.

Room Tip: Definitely spend a little more and get a room overlooking the golf course. Also, stay away from &qu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie L
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Melanie,

Thank you very much for your reviews on our Lodging, dining and golf experiences. I am very disappointed to read about your recent service experience at our resort, specifically in our restaurant. I very much agree with your statement about the importance of customer service and I will be following up with the food & beverage department to ensure this was only a one time occurrence and to ensure this does not happen in the future.

250-503-3418

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We cancelled our reserversation here due to the very poor booking system, poor information and poor customer service. My husband stayed here many years ago and LOVED it! He was so excited when we decided to stay here for part of our summer holiday....even I was excited! However, my excitement quickly fizzled during the reservation process. Our plan was to book a Stay and Play package online but when we started going through the booking process it became a little confusing. We were booking for four adults and one child; the guys were going to be golfing and the women were not. When we were trying to book online, we were given a variety of room/cabin choices with prices. We assumed the prices included the 'play' because we were booking through the Stay and Play section of the website. I called the reservation line to discuss the fact that only two of the four booking were going to be golfing and at that time I was informed that the price I was quoted online did NOT include the play! If I was in the Stay and Play section why would the prices quoted NOT reflect the Stay and Play pricing!? So now I'm disappointed right off the bat and I havent even booked yet! We went ahead and booked anyway and decided to pay the extra for the guys to golf. We booked a 1300+ square foot villa with two full bedrooms and a hide-a-bed. After speaking to my inlaws about our trip, they expressed interest in staying with us for a night or two....we were staying for five nights. I didnt see why this should be a problem considering there was a pull out couch. I contacted reservations to confirm that the villa we had booked did in fact have a pull out couch and I was informed that we were only allowed to have four adults stay. I asked why and I was told that it is "against fire code regulation". Ummmm, I dont think so! This place is over 1300 square feet and they're trying to tell me that fire code regulations only allow four adults! Clearly they think their customers are stupid! I told the girl that the information she was providing was incorrect and I asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to the manager and she had the nerve to tell me the same thing! And I heard the same thing from another employee a few days later when we called to book the tee times. I find it extremely insulting that the staff would try to pass that information on as truthful, thus making it appear that they think customers are stupid and do not know proper regulations. After speaking to the manager and being told a number of times that only four adults were allowed due to "fire code regulations" I was then told that they could stay for a couple of nights but that we would be charged an extra $40.00 per person per night. What happened to the 'fire code regulations'? Smells like a cash grab to me! There is no reason why six adults cannot stay in such a large space!

Although we were angry at the situation, my husband and step-father really had their hearts on stayin and golfing here so we forged ahead with our reservation. A few days later, my husband called the pro shop to book tee times, which he did without issue. However, a few days later I noticed a $500+ charge on my credit card from Predator Ridge. I called the reservation line once again and was told that because we booked tee times 25% of our ENTIRE reservation was due immediately and the remaining 75% would be due and owing 30 days BEFORE our stay! HUH?! Who does that?! Just because of a $270.00 green fee you are going to charge me 25% up front of my entire booking and then I have to pay the remaining 30 days prior to our arrival?! All because of a $270.00 green fee?! I don't book a hotel and pay before I get there....I pay when I checkout!

On top of all of the issues with booking, we found the green fees expensive and we were disappointed that the stay and play only resulted in a whole $25.00 green fee discount. Considering we were paying almost $2000.00 for a five night stay, you would think that they would be able to give a bit larger of a green fee discount....apparently not because I asked the general manager.

In light of all of the booking problems we experienced, we ended up cancelling our reservation and have ended up booking a better place elsewhere. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing and if the booking procedures and customer service are any indication of what this place is about I'm steering very clear as I want to be able to RELAX on my vacation, not be stressed out over their lies and odd policies.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jcrewe

Dear Valued Guest,

We are truly sorry that you decided not to stay at Predator Ridge resort. Our team did not provide you with an adequate explanation as to why we have the limit on adult occupancy in our rooms which is set to maximize guest experience , and we perhaps could have been more clear to you on the advance deposit requirement.

Booking a stay ‘n’ play package is similar to many packages offered by other resorts in that a pre-payment in advance is necessary. We do feel strongly that the pricing of the golf course and our accommodation are in line with the quality and the service we provide to each and every guest.

Our green fee and accommodation prices range widely dependent on the time of year that you are visiting the resort. Your request was during one of our most busy times of the season, so that is why the prices are at a premium. Having stayed and played at some of the continent’s best golf resorts, we are confident that the Predator Ridge experience is comparable to the best anywhere.

In light of your experience we will be revisiting our procedures and messaging to ensure that a situation like this does not recur in the future. We do hope that you will visit us again in future. If you would like to discuss further over the phone, please contact me directly at the number below.

Regards,

rcochrane@predatorridge.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Prestige Hotel Vernon
#3 of 20 in Vernon
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites

Been to Predator Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!