“Nice evening out”

Range Lounge & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Range Lounge & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 228 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Range Lounge & Grill- Vernon's casual & upscale dining escape. Beautiful views and modern decor set the stage for an upscale casual experience, delectable desserts and a sommelier-developed selection of fine wines located in the Clubhouse at Predator Ridge Resort.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went there for a nice night out. The drive is excellent. All the tree's have lights on them and sparkle in the night. The restaurant was not very busy when we got there. There seems to be someone missing. A person in charge!. We waited at the cash for a while until we got seated. The waitress also had to look after the lounge and making drinks. Don't know were the bartender was.
I selected a wine from the extensive list, most of them completely overpriced. I had to select 4 before they actually had one in stock! It is nice to have a good wine list but keep it updated. I also being in the business for a long time have nothing against having a few expensive wines for the business guy's who have to impress someone, but not every diner will spend a $ 100.00 for a bottle of wine that is readily available at the store for around $ 28.00
We ordered the Artichoke dip which was tasty . For dinner I had the prime rib and my wife the salmon. Both were excellently prepared. The beef was well aged and tender. Unfortunately it was not very hot. As a professional chef food has to be served hot and not look warm.
As for the service our waitress only checked one's about the dinner. Maybe she thought the food is good so why do I have to check?
The bill was reasonable priced but I expected way more from a place like the above..
We probably go back in the future but it would not be our first choice any longer.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were here for a dinner (down from Sparkling Resort). It was all you can eat ribs night which one of us had. I had the fire prawns to start - lots of them, good flavour but they won't blow your mind. I did the tenderloin for the entree - pretty good, nicely presented with lots of trimmings, not the best I've ever had but good for the $34 price. I hear the ribs were incredible. Service is very friendly and they accommodated my unusual cocktail request. Very inviting atmosphere - lots of wood, not just a plain open clubhouse space. We could have done without the sports TVs in the restaurant though - just leave them in the bar.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been to this restaurant on two occassions, first experience was not a good one, but all restaurants deserve a second chance. Second attempt, out for lunch with another couple visiting from Vancouver. The restaurant was half-empty not busy, yet service was slow and at the end of the meal non-existent. This was an issue for my first experience as well. Food was average, the men ordered burgers and fries which they enjoyed. The salmon burger and salad was another story. For a restaurant of this caliber we were surprised to receive an "old-school" green salad, with italian dressing, positive it was Kraft, in a plastic ramacin on the side. The salmon was definitely farmed, the colour was extremely pale. I would expect Predator Ridge to serve wild salmon as we are in BC. Wine list is strong. Overall, for the price not at all impressed with the quality of food and the service. Will not return and do not recommend, although the atmosphere and views are stunning.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Good sized restaurant overlooking the golf course. Nice menu selection, well presented, a little upscale and reasonably priced. Would certainly return if in the area.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is my favourite golf course - anywhere. But it gets the "hometown" bias so take this review for what it's worth.

The Range restaurant is always good. The food and service are consistently good. The room has a great vibe to it and the viewing/scenary at Predator is second to none. If you are local, take the 15 minutes and support a world class golf resort and restaurant. If you are from somewhere else, drop by for a round of golf and bite to eat. You will not be disappointed.