“Terrible!!!!”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Wainwright
“Terrible!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just keep away,pay little bit more and enjoy in another better place in this nice town of Vernon.
Staff is very rude,don't like pets,not enough towels,shampoo,AC doesn't work,room is stinking and very small like cell in prison.
Very sad.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Ducca83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Asbestos in the ceiling, mold in the walls, hair ALL OVER the bathroom, and woven into my pillows and blankets, cigarette burn wholes in everything, curtains, carpet, blankets, pillows, towels, etc. no screens on windows, not that it mattered anyways because they are painted shut! The stench of marijauna would seep into my room, while the owner and her daughters would be smoking it on the one balcony that is attatched to everybody's rooms, I sat down on my bed and I huge cloud of dust rose, u could see a 'poof' of dust everytime u took a step on the carpet, I WILL NEVER EVER step foot near that place again, judging by the owner, and others that work there, who knows what OTHER drug addicts/dealers were living on other sides of my walls, all I can say is, they kept me awake ALL NIGHT, not that I could've fallin asleep in that gross stenchfull bed, bedroom, and the building in general, after my stay at the crackhead motel, I will be calling for a health inspection, I hope u get shut down, u rude inconsiderate people, I have never been so be-littled in my life, you guys are pigs, the way you treat and talk to your guests is appauling. I DO NOT recomend staying here!

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Julie-annReuck

Travelers are raving about these Vernon hotels

red deer
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Not from vernon but had a business meeting here. I needed a place cheap to stay as I'm on a budget. I called the polson park motel and she said $69. When I arrived 10 minutes later they told me they only had a room with a kitchenette left and it would cost $100 for the night plus a $100 deposit. When i opened the door to the room i was hit with an overwhelming stench! The room was tiny and old! Only fit for a drug addict! I went back to the front desk and asked for my money back and he told me no way! The TV was small, the blankets were filled with cigarette holes and the bathroom door didn't shut! I have never had such a bad sleep! I recommend staying anywhere but here!!!! This place is a dump!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank melanied76
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I seen some reviews on this site about this place and they seemed ok so my wife and I decided to stay here. We came in and the front desk guy came to window, I asked him how much for one night and all he said was fill this out. He wanted me to just sign all the paper work before he would tell me anything. I asked him twice more and he finally told me the price. So I told him I wanted to see a room and he showed us one. It looked ok from the door so we decided to stay. Upon closer inspection of the room I found 2 long black hairs in the sink, a bathroom door with the knob facing the wrong way so it could be pushed open and you had to turn the knob to close it, a outlet that was melted to resemble Gumby and windows that were pained shut. He also needed a $50 deposit for the remote for the AC. This place was a dump, he was an [--] and I will never stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jordan A
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Of all places to stay I made a reservation here based on location, price and browsing through their website. We arrived the fellow behind the desk wasn't exactly friendly, the room was clean but the best was HORRIBLE. It felt like the mattress was abt 20 yrs old as when we laid down we both rolled into the centre. All night we were trying to pull ourselves out from the centre. I do not recommend this place at all and will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and stay elsewhere if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly M
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Made last minute reservations to stay in Vernon on a limited budget. The owners and staff were more than polite to us. Rooms were older but immaculate. There was coffeemakers, large fridges and wifi included. Pool was spotless Yes there was noise from highway 97, but if you are on a budget, this motel more than fill the bill. I would stay again. Barbara C. Calgary Ab..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Port Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Every year my friends and I go up to Vernon for the Funtastic baseball tournament and this year we decided to stay at the Polson Park as it was close to the fields. Well I will NEVER stay there again! We stayed there the first night of the weekend only because we had to (he would not refund us) and then we checked out the next day! The room stunk, the drapes were eaten by moths and had holes in them, none of the outlets worked (could not use my blow dryer or our cell phone chargers either). When we first got the hotel the man at the front desk was VERY rude to us, they charged us a $50 deposit for an extra room key (he only provided us with 1 at check in). He kept telling us we could go somewhere else and he didn't care it was a busy weekend and he would fill our room, I told him his customer service skills were lacking and I had never been spoken to like that (terrible business skills). We checked out and stayed at the Schell Motel Express (clean rooms with a very nice staff) even though it was farther for us to commute it was worth it. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Just do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends