See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

I loved this place! It’s quirky, spacious & clean. It’s a motel which I hadn’t realised, I thought it was a hotel. Each room has a balcony. There is a beautiful garden/patio & heated pool out the back with BBQs & seating. The owner lives on site and seems really helpful. It’s a convenient location & within walking distance of a cinema, restaurants & shops. It’s a bit rusty round the edges but that’s the only negative thing I can say. Well worth a visit if you’re in Vernon!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TikiVillage, Manager at Tiki Village Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our Little Gem of the Valley and hope to see you back for any future vacations. Take care.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

A gem what a cute motel, best sevice clean rooms. Can’t get any better for this price range. Have been staying here for years and would recommend to anyone. Courtyard and pool are one of a kind. Very family friendly

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and to see your continued business. Take care and see you again.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Well here is the problem, if you are expecting a one or two star motel, then it’s excellent and should get five stars. However, if you are expecting an average motel on the edge of town, then it’s exactly that, an average cheap motel on the edge of town.

The room we were in is awkwardly laid out. The only baseboard heater in the suite was in the bedroom, so THAT room was probably 30 degrees, while the rest of the suite was 20. My buddy said it was like sleeping in a sauna, lol.

Tiles are cracked and broken in the bathroom. The front door is sticky and hard to close. Sink faucet leaks badly; they had to put a bucket under the sink so it didn’t flood the area. Walls are thin, we can hear some people yelling something at each other. The shower water pressure is reasonable but the fixture was pretty messed up and basically broken. Decor is tacky, but hey, what did you expect for a place called Tiki Village.

Price is tolerable and it’s conveniently located. Walking distance to a bunch of really good food like Marten Brew Pub and Station BBQ. 30 minute drive to the ski hill. Pretty much served our needs.

Would I recommend it? Well, if you can afford more, go somewhere else. If you would like entry level pricing, then this would work for you.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
TikiVillage, Manager at Tiki Village Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, this ole gal is getting up there in age but we do our best to maintain clean rooms, and strive to meet all our guests needs. We are just starting up our maintenance of the rooms and I will have your concerns in that room looked into. The faucet was brought to my attention, which I acted on that same day and had it replaced. If the bucket got left behind, my apologies to you gentlemen. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

We stayed here in August and it was reasonably priced for the summer for the area.

Very clean, lovely balcony with lots of chairs overlooking the courtyard, microwave and fridge in the room, refreshing swimming poo. Unfortunately, though, not very soundproof.

We would definitely stay again though!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 2DogsCalgary
TikiVillage, Manager at Tiki Village Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay and next time I will have to give you ear plugs..lol. Hope to see you again soon!! Take care.

Lorna
Property Manager

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

The inn is a bit old but maintained well, clean and simple. We enjoyed the most was the backyard. When opened the slide door, never saw in any Canadian hotels, motels or inns, quite a exotic setting in front of us. Staffs were extremely friendly. Knowing we have kids, she recommended a petting zoo like park to us.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank monrabdog

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback as it helps me to create the best experience my guest can have. Take care.

Lorna