“Great food, great wine list”
Review of IL Terrazzo

IL Terrazzo
Ranked #4 of 1,216 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a dinner with friends and our son, we sat in their open-air seating, I would recommend that if you can. Reservations needed. Fantastic wine list, good range of food. Scallops were not the best, but everything else we had was wonderful. Great service as well. Pricey, but not outlandish.

1  Thank steds1991

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had read reviews saying how busy this restaurant can get, so I arrived around 5:15PM. There were a few tables already taken. The restaurant atmosphere is wonderful, and the staff go above and beyond. I had the pulled pork cannelloni, which was delicious! By the time I left around 6, just about ever table was taken, so get there early. One of the best meals of my vacation!

1  Thank lirwin13
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Reservations had been made in advance to visit this establishment August 1 for a birthday dinner. The place was full and busy when we arrived shortly before 6:00PM. Quickly taken to our table and our server arrived in short order. She quickly learned we were dining as a "special occasion" and seemed to look after us like we were her special table. Her timing was perfect throughout the evening.
The food was fantastic, the wine wonderful.
If you take a moment to sit back and watch you can soon see how this place operates like a fine machine. Everyone has their little task to do, and the teamwork of all combine to make the service great and seamless.
It all combined for a perfect evening.

1  Thank KaneScott
Reviewed August 2, 2014

It was a packed restaurant for Friday at dinner, as usual. Book a reservation well in advance of a night you wish to eat here. They do not book for the patio ("The Terrace" / Il Terrazzo) so you may be inside or out with a reservation. I always assume virtually all diners are local, as it is in a slightly obscure location in an alley and unassuming.

Staff is friendly and the service is flawless.

The menu is full of variety.

On this visit, I had Formaggio di Capra as an appetizer salad and Spaghetti con sugo di Manzo as my main. I almost didn't need the appetizer as the spaghetti portion exceeded my expectation and was more ground beef than sauce and very tasty. Most Bolognese sauces are sauce with some ground meat - this was ground meat with some sauce. Very filling.

My wife had a pizza and found it very tasty and filling - couldn't quite make it through half.

The wait staff were flawless throughout the meal.

We eat here infrequently throughout the years and it is completely consistent and impeccable.

1  Thank Rick_on_the_Rock
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was by far one of the best meals my husband I have ever had. The eggplant entrée was fantastic, as was the halibut. We shared both and the kitchen split them for us and brought them out one after the other which was a nice touch. Do NOT miss this restaurant if you are visiting Victoria.

1  Thank AlyHG