“Delicious dinner”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I made reservations for Il Terrazzo because it was recommended. We definitely would have had to wait as it was packed. We shared a caeser salad and my husband had a smoked pork pizza and I had an eggplant pasta dish. Delicious. It's off of an alley so someplace we would not have found just walking down the street. Would highly recommend to visitors (and it seemed there were a lot of locals as well).

Write a ReviewReviews (3,131)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

It's certainly true in this case that the recommendation of a local person clearly paid off!! This fine restaurant might be a little hard to locate off of Johnson Street, but look around and follow the wonderful smells up the little alley until you're there. They start you off with some complimentary fresh baked bread and a house-made olive spread... and from here it only gets better & better. I recommend that you look up their web page and review the wonderful & creative menu before you arrive. That way you won't waste the entire evening trying to decide what to have (because one entree just seems better than the next). The servers are very knowledgable & attentive and will happily assist you in making your choices. Mamma Mia... What incredible flavors!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place may be in an alley, but don't let that fool you, it is worth the trip off the beaten path. We called for reservations on a Saturday night but there was no room so we hoofed it over and found a spot at the bar which is every bit as charming as the rest of the restaurant. Brick walls, flickering candle chandeliers as well as sconces give the rooms a warm and intimate glow.

The bartender who took our orders was professional and courteous. The drink menu is creative - I had a prosecco with pear nectar and lemon which was dangerously good. The wine list is good with wines from BC as well as Italy and California.

We had the seared scallop appetizer with shaved tuna and seaweed salad - delicious and a meal unto itself. The salad with portabella mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, prosciutto and balsamic vinegar was perfect if not a tad large.

Dinner was Venison Loin, cooked to perfection with cherries and butternut squash cannelloni, my husband loved it. I was not so lucky - I had the baked Cannelloni stuffed with butternut squash and chanterelle mushrooms - unfortunately there was no butternut squash inside the cannelloni's. The waiter offered to remake it but by that time it was late and I opted for a side of sautéed spinach which was out of this world. I know, it's only spinach, but it was great.

Each time we visit Victoria we come to this restaurant and have always been glad we did, empty cannelloni not withstanding.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wife and I ate at the tiny bar. My venison portions exceeded any before and the taste was enhanced by a tart cherry sauce. Definitely high quality venison, not the typical stuff that could be beef. Squash purée filled cannolies completed the meal. Absolutely excellent. My wife's cannolies contained no squash and her meal was returned to the kitchen. If you are seeking a fall pasta meal using squash skip this place, otherwise the wine list alone combined with the service make it a "must go" place.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a great spot, a little hard to fine, make sure you walk up into the alley. Well worth the walk, the food was just perfect, fresh, full of flavor, hot and well presented. The staff where right there all the time, with advice, a friendly smile and delivery of the food, they could do no more for us. The flavor is what over-whelmed us, as you took the first bit you just stopped and took in the smells and flavors all at once. The atmosphere ads a lot to the over all experience of going to El Terrazzo, you should not miss if you are in the area. The menu was so full, I really had a hard time to pick what to eat, we will be back to try other dishes