“Amazing!!!!!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The best Italian food we have ever eaten. Fresh bread still warm was soooo good! The roasted garlic bulb is a must try and even tastes great the next day. I had the prawn and sausage pasta- best pasta I have ever had... Still dreaming about the flavours. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This italian restaurant was very good, and the bread oil dip was sooo good never had better! we have been to many italian restaurants over the years but this was so far has been our favorite

1  Thank mariteth
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This restauraunt has many recommended reviews from past patrons, so we thought this is an eatery that is a must see & taste! It was a week day evening and a little unfamiliar with Victoria, so you need to know that it situated in Waddington Alley & recommend making a reservation if you go at prime time. Once we were seated we found the the atmosphere to be interesting, but as the patrons all started to arrive for their dinner, noise level went to a whole new level !!
We found as the evening passed, it was difficult to have a pleasant conversation with each other, so if you go choose non-peak time. We both choose to go with the Caesar Salad, tastey, but had much better and main was the seafood pasta (very flavourful),in the big picture it was a good choice. During our stay here in Victoria, we have found that in most restauraunts, you are expected to pay a premium price! Staff are very good & helpful.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The lighting was terrible, the music loud, not a great atmosphere for a romantic night out.
I have asked to have the leftover of my cornish hen to go ( mainly because I was full from the bread, as they took forever to bring our meal, and it was a slow week night) and they said "oops! We didnt understand" Seriously?

Then give them another try for a work function and they asked for a pre-order 2 days before. That will not be a problem if they were ready when we got there. We got our orders after 1 hour. So, what was the point of pre-odering? How long will it take if we didnt pre-order? Hmmm!

3  Thank WorldCruiser2004
Deepo O, General Manager at IL Terrazzo, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

As a restaurant manager, I rely more on in-house feed back to constantly improve our product. In this day and age though, I must also consider feedback posted via social media. With regards to your posting, I am concerned that you may have confused us with another venue as several of your comments do not correspond with our menu or policies at IL Terrazzo.It has been at least 4 years since Cornish hen has been on our menu so I do not really know how to address this complaint.
With regard to waiting over an hour for a per-order; the only time we would utilize a pre-order would be for a sizable lunch function that had time constraints. The timing of service is often determined by the person paying the bill as they may wish to allow time for speeches and mingling. I have reviewed your comment with our Executive Chef and consulted our in house computer ordering system and the situation as you describe it did not occur.If indeed your comments are referring to an experience here at IL Terrazzo, I urge you to contact the restaurant via e-mail or by phone so that I might acquire more accurate information and can properly address and resolve any issues of concerns that you may have.
We value the input provided to us by our customers and wee take all complaints very seriously and use the information provided by our guests to ensure there is no recurrence.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

From the reviews you can see that this old favourite is riding a crest of popularity - and with good reason. Four of us went and we all found the food exceptionally good. I went with the salmon which was moist, very well presented and surrounded by a well chosen blend of salad and vegetable supporters. My wife was very impressed with her egg plant with pasta. One of our group tried, odd for an Italian restaurant, the cabbage rolls and found them excellent. The calamari starter presentation was innovative and delicious. The tapinade served with bread I could have eaten as a main. For the four of us with moderate drinks and wine, one starter and one dessert, with tax but not tip, the bill came in at around the $230 mark which I thought good value.
Do you want the picky bits? It can be very busy and it's noisy. Your table can be so dark you have to tlit the table candles so you can read the menu. If you have an hour or so to spare you could read the wine menu and still not get through the whole thing. And my wife brought up an interesting point. She had the egg plant pasta which puts quite a variety of food on the plate. Halfway through she said plaintively 'This table is so dark I can't see what I'm eating. I keep picking up forkfuls of I'm not sure what.'
So, we are fans. It's lively, good value and the service is discrete and knowledgeable. If you like Italian this one should be on your list. Seeing how you can't see a thing it might also be a good place for a first date.

2  Thank AJ&ERtravel