“Amazing customer service”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quadora
Transit: BC transit #3, 11, 14, 22
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We arrived (4 adults and 2 children under 2 years old) at 13:50,10 minutes before they were about to close for the afternoon. I asked if they could take us and they kindly said 'yes' but we could only order once.

They made us feel very welcome and at no point did they rush us even though we were the last ones in the restaurant. The staff were very kind and accommodating and always carried themselves with a smile.

The food is great too.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Never have had a bad experience here and I come here quite often (from Toronto). Fresh food, always delicious. Pricing is also very reasonable. All sushi lovers have to check this place out!

1  Thank ashkkaur
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Sen was my go to sushi restaurant in Victoria. I probably went once a week. It is simply the best sushi restaurant in Victoria. Ask for Kozo while at the bar- I've known him for years and he is amazing and a riot to talk to. There is always a special sheet- check that out first for any interesting fish they have brought in. Their mackerel is fantastic, especially the horse mackerel and the flamed nigiri. Be sure to try Kozo's special kappa maki roll- rolled in thin sheets of cucumber cut by hand. Be sure to sit at the bar while he cuts it, it is a sight to behold if you have never seen it before. Kozo taught me how to do it years ago and my wife hates it when I do it. You will see why!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We recently returned from a three week trip to Japan and after a week of not eating Japanese we went for dinner to Zen Sushi. Their new menu is lovely and although the portions are not huge, they are adequate. We had a mix of different dishes between the four of us, which included some sushi, a grilled mackerel dinner, beef teriyaki, and an assortment of veggie dishes. The plus at this Japanese restaurant is that you can specify brown rice. We will go back when the urge for Japanese food strikes again since this is one of the best Japanese restaurants in Victoria.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Classic, comfortable décor and really excellent food.
My husband and I had:
- deep fried squid tentacles: lean and very tasty;
- pan fried dumplings with pork: too mild, disappointing compared with Chinese dim-sum;
- deep fried whole soft shell crab: the best, luscious, full-flavored;
- assorted tempura: fresh, just the right level of crunchiness, light, sauce dipping recommended;
- teriyaki chicken: tender, just the right amount of sauce;
- sweet miso marinated mackerel: my husband loved it, soft and lots of flavour.

Service: precise without ceremonies, which is refreshing (being continental Europeans, we still can't get the "Is everything OK here?", which we find patronizing, even dangerous if they sneak in from behind when your mouth is full, and obsolete, as now if everything is not OK we can write about it in Trip Advisor so that somebody else can be forewarned).

2  Thank PaoloandClaudia