“Sooo yummy”

Willie's Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #46 of 1,196 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Willies has been well known for BC's oldest bakery and the best breakfast and lunch in Victoria. This summer, Willie's launched dinner at the blooming patio! Come and try dinner menu items, such as fish n chips, fish tacos, burgers.... You will be satisfied as always!
“Sooo yummy”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Great portions for a reasonable price. Say out in their little garden patio and it felt very cosy. Service was excellent and the food was amazing. Had the banana bread breakfast and it was beyond delicious, warm and just the right amount of sweet, only complaint was how stuffed I felt after I was done!

Victoria, BC
“Dandy downtown dining”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We went out for an afternoon of shopping and a coffee downtown. It was a nice and hot day so we elected to dine in the courtyard of Willie's Bakery and Cafe. We were tempted by their salad and tasty treats but it ended up that we just had a Cafe Mocha and their last bowl of chicken noodle soup. The soup was awesomely good. Very tasty broth with large noodles, big chunks of chicken, and veggies. Marla enjoyed he Cafe Mocha and the price for them both was fair. The courtyard is a nice place to dine but it can be a little noisy with back alley traffic and noise from the street. But hey, we are downtown so expect some noise. There were lots of birds and plenty of pretty plants.

It is definitely a place to recommend and go back to visit.

Victoria, Canada
“Delicious sweet and savoury breakfast.”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Huge breakfast! The portions are enormous. Their French toast can easily feed two or three people. Excellent choice for a filling breakfast, brunch or lunch. As a family, we always order different things and we have never been disappointed. Just make sure you are hungry or ready to take part of your order home! Everything is delicious and homemade.

Chicago, Illinois
“Not a good value”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Willies Bakery

I was overall totally unimpressed with this place. The food was okay (not great). The service was awful. And, they have signage with dos and don’ts all over the place. I do not want to be lectured to when trying to enjoy a meal.
Here are some details of our experience:

We waited a good five minutes to be seated, with no one in line ahead of us. We were seated in an area that was so chilly, the restaurant offered blankets for customers. They had heaters, which were turned off. We ordered coffee that came after we had eaten about a quarter of our food. And, we waited about 20 minutes for our food. How long does it take to pour a cup of coffee? I asked for hollandaise sauce on the side. Instead, I got a plateful of oozing sauce. It was almost like the cook added extra sauce b/c (s)he was irked that I asked for it on the side. As our server approached our table, she said “Sorry, about the sauce.” If she knew this wasn’t what I ordered, why did she even bring it out? It took so long to get that I didn’t send it back, and just scraped what I could off of my eggs. The gravilax salmon that came with it was old and cold. I could have ordered it without the sauce – I only really wanted a taste of Hollandaise – or salmon for $4 less, and I debated which one I wanted and ordered. They also charged $2 extra for me to substitute cornbread for toast, even though there were several comparable breakfasts that had the cornbread and not toast, like the vegetarian no sauce option for $4 less.

My husband’s food was cold. My potatoes were burn-your-mouth hot, but my eggs were cold. And, they were really expensive. Breakfast for two of us was just under $50 Canadian. We ordered two breakfast entrees, two cups of coffee and a cup of orange juice. For that price, it should have been perfect.

London
“Delicious bagels”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Tried the smoked salmon bagel with cream cheese, capers and salad - delicious. So good in fact, that we returned the next day! Liked the fact that you could choose to eat inside or out in the pretty covered courtyard. Obviously a very popular place to eat as it was very busy but the service was very good and waitresses efficient and friendly. Good coffee too.