“Ho hum”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Smoken Bones Cookshack - CLOSED

Smoken Bones Cookshack
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Canadian, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Victoria, Canada
“Ho hum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Three of us for dinner, each had a different meat, and yet the bbq sauce was the very same of all of the dishes. I would say this restaurant is overpriced for the food quality. Average at best.

Visited August 2012

Victoria Bc
“Over priced with bad food. We will never go back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I ordered the ribs with greens. The ribs tasted like chemicals and were not really smoked like you would expect from a real smokehouse. I think they were just boiled and thrown on a grill and smothered with barbeque sauce. I have had real smoke house barbeque ribs in Memphis and these were definately not the same. The greens were edible.
My husband ordered a salad that was also very ordinary. His coffee was old, burnt and undrinkable.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank incemanor
Victoria, Canada
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We love ribs and had heard a few years ago that this restaurant was good but we were very disappointed. the service was friendly and quick but the food was adequate. The ribs were quite dry and the shrimp appetizer was very pedestrian. Poor value for the cost.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SVict2004
San Francisco, California
“Amazing food? More like inedible food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Terrible BBQ. Pulled pork was inedible, sauces were horrid, beef brisket was tasteless, fries were baked horrors, poutine had cheese sauce and no gravy, BBQ beef ribs were filled with gristle. Only solid was this one waitress who served almost 15 tables with aplomb and was incredible gracious. It was my mistake for seeking out BBQ in a seafood town.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank SugarSammy
Port Alberni, Canada
“AMAZING FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My sister introduced me to Smoken Bones Cookshack in the summer of 2012. All I can say is AMAZING. We ordered the BBQ Taster for 2 or more, as well as the biscuits and sausage gravy. People, when it says "for 2 or more" they really mean the "or more" part. would have fed at least 4 people. we took the leftovers home and had more than enough for a second meal. this food is wonderful, hot, tasty, tender, delicious...and all the other adjectives you can think of. When we went there, it was still at it's former address out in Langford. They have now moved downtown Victoria, and while I haven't been there yet, I know the food will be just as great. I am looking forward to trying out many of their other offerings and especially the fried pickles...that will be interesting. So, highly recommend you give them a try, their website with menus is here

• Visited July 2012