“Very tasty food, really nice service”
Review of Smoken Bones Cookshack - CLOSED

Smoken Bones Cookshack
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My friend and I went here for lunch. First off, we really loved the location. We sat right by the window and watched the downtown bustle. We were greeted by a very friendly waiter as soon as we arrived. He explained the menu to us and gave recommendations. I had chicken and my friend had a vegetarian stuffed pepper. We were both impressed! Even our side dishes were delightfully savoury. Our waiter kept our drinks topped up and cleared our dishes quickly. The atmosphere was very casual. Everything is almost brand new and looks very nice. I will be back again

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Came here several months ago and were very disappointed - my rib dish wasn't cooked properly. The plate was replaced and this time the meat was still partly frozen. We left and the manager gave us a gift card to come another time, which was yesterday. I had pork ribs which were tasty but dry and didn't come off the bone easily. Yam fries were excellent. My wife had a poutine starter as a main and it was very good. Plentiful also. Service good. Concrete floors rather uninviting, but probably just the style of place.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

worst meal I have ever paid for in a restaurant. We were lucky to have a groupon to save on half of our meal. won't go back or recommend to anyone.

4  Thank Jasmine S
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Have been twice. Shouldn't have bothered the second time. Even with the place only half full, the wait staff seem to have difficulty getting drinks ten feet from the bar to our table. The BBQ, while cooked well, has a strange flavour that makes me wonder if it has something added to make it taste more BBQ-y. Not really natural at all. Candied carrots ordered as a side were mushy and seemed to be generic finger carrots splashed with maple something. Was expecting real slow-cooked veggies with less watery glaze. Won't be back a third time.

1  Thank Jake L
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Slow service, order was incorrect, didn't get all we ordered. Too much sauce that tasted like corn syrup and the meat quality was dissappointing.

1  Thank iGrok