“Nice atmosphere, good service”

Baan Thai Restaurant
Ranked #575 of 1,197 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Baan Thai Restaurants serving Oak Bay diners fine Thai Cuisine including Gluten-Free and vegetarian dishes in addition to traditional Thai favourites. Dine-in, Take-Out, Home and Office Delivery and Catering.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere, good service”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have been to Baan Thai on Blanshard a few times and the food is consistently good. My server was great, although I have had some rude experiences with a particular server at the Cadboro Bay Road location. The portions are large (I usually take home the rest for lunch) and everything I have tried has been good (curries, pad thai, rice dishes, salads). There is a chic, modern Asian decor that is relaxing and classy.

• Visited June 2012

Victoria, Canada
“Mmmm”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Good food, decent prices - what's not to love? I recommend the Pad Thai.

Visited February 2012
Edmonton
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The food there is very good, I am a vegetarian and I really like the options they have. The tofu tastes really good, and for dessert we had a deep fried banana (yummy)! My only complaint on this last visit was we were seated by the bar. The owner or manager was at the bar, and I could overhear him repeatedly giving the wait staff crap about this and that. I understand that you are trying to keep your staff in line and whatnot, but perhaps you should be giving this criticism in a back area. It sort of put a damper on our meal, because in my opinion I thought the waitresses did a fine job....As someone with 10+ yrs in customer service I thought it was very unprofessional.

Visited April 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“So far the best Asian food I've found since moving to Victoria”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Having tried several Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese take outs, the quality of Asian take out food had yet to impress me in Victoria. By chance I found myself passing Baan Thai on my way home from downtown one evening when I thought I'd give it a try since there is a restaurant back home in Ireland with the same name and the food there is great.
From personal experience which has only been take out, I can only say that I have found the food to be very tasty. Defintely much better than some of the bland Asian food I had from other Asian restaurants. They all seemed to just taste the same, however the first time I ordered from Baan Thai I was pleasantly surprised how flavoursome the food was.
I certainly intend on trying other restaurants but I certainly wouldn't think twice about trying Baan Thai again.

• Visited December 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Completely Oblivious”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Went there on November 29 with a party of six. It wasn't very busy and, indeed, half the tables were empty. Nevertheless they couldn't be bothered to try and seat us. The tables seat two or four people and they weren't about to waste any time putting two tables together to accommodate six people, so they let us just stand around in the entrance watching all the empty tables. There is a row of 3 four person tables in the centre of the restaurant. A party of four people were seated at the middle table, making the tables on either side unusable except for four people or fewer. We asked if perhaps they could slide down one table to free up the other two? We were told that this couldn't possibly be done because the other people "were eating". It would have taken 5 seconds for them to slide down with their plates. After that we left and went to the Siam, a couple of blocks down the street. It had excellent service, a much bigger menu, and amazing food. If you are thinking of the Baan Thai, go to Siam instead. The service at Baan Thai stinks.