“What happened to Ricky's?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ricky's All Day Grill
Ranked #847 of 1,233 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We used to frequent Ricky's for breakfast, at least once a month, sometimes more. I particularly liked it because it was the only place around that you could getting shredded hash browns instead of always home fries. But in the last year (2012) it has just gone down hill. I don't know if they are having staffing problems? Although the service is friendly, it seems to take FOREVER for the food to come. Our visits have become fewer and fewer just for this reason. This past weekend we thought we'd give it another try because we hadn't been in so long. The usual large Sunday morning crowd was no where to be seen, and then the food was still SO late, the the waitress voluntarily took 50% off our bill without us even asking because she said there had been a "mix up" in the kitchen! And then when the food finally did show up it was extremely average and my beloved hash browns tasted like they had freezer burns!

Sorry Ricky's I'm afraid that was your last chance. We will be going elsewhere.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had fish & chips [cod] with cole slaw. the fish tasted like basa not cod and piece was small. cole slaw had no dressing and was bland. deffinately not worth the price. waitress was excellent and she was told about the problem.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were just looking for somewhere to grab lunch while driving around the area and stumbled upon Ricky's. The hostess and waitress were both very pleasant, the menu offered a good selection at great prices, and breakfast was served all day - which we consider a nice bonus to any restaurant. I had the Breakfast Club and my husband had the Quick Commute breakfast which consisted of egg, bacon, hash browns, and toast. (He did add a second egg, though, for a nominal charge.) It all arrived quickly and was delicious. Places like this are often hit and miss, so we were happy to have found a hit this time. (I also think it would be fantastic for the whole family.)

1  Thank Melichard
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I came here after being skunked by Salty's on Craigflower (closed, even though their website said they were open)... Anyway, we were there about 5pm on a Monday and were seated immediately, as only the second party there. Drinks were ordered and delivered in a timely fashion by the hostess. The only waitress in the joint took our food order in a timely fashion, but, about 10 minutes after our arrival, several other groups arrived, stretching that one waitress pretty thin. They were having a special on a number of items for $9 each - I had the Pulled Pork sandwich and my wife the Philly Cheesesteak. I like to think that, growing up in Maryland, I have a pretty good handle on good pulled pork - I was pleasantly surprised. The meat was meat (not a bunch of fat filler) and the sauce was good - nothing special but fit well. Coleslaw tops the pulled pork (as it should) and is delightful. The hoagie bun was toasted so the whole shebang didn't immediately fall apart. The French fries were not anything to write home about. My wife expected more cheese and onions, saying it was a bit heavy on the peppers. She was pleased it was served with au jus and that she could opt for a salad instead of fries. Overall it was a good experience, the staff was friendly and we would return in the future.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2008

Was there just last week,. Forgot the bacon in my club, and the chicken was tiny little scraps. Not impressed.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook