“An excellent, cheap alternative to an enema!”
Review of Ho Tong Restaurant

Ho Tong Restaurant
Ranked #548 of 1,196 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Chinese
Victoria, Canada
“An excellent, cheap alternative to an enema!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I've spent the last 24 hours having the after effects of their food rip through my bowels. This is the second time I've had this experience from them (didn't want to assume the first time). Time for an anonymous call the the health inspector.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LonelyIslander69

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Great Place for Lunch!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

A nice, casual Chinese restaurant, with lots of lunch specials to choose from on the whiteboard.
Complimentary loose-leaf tea was very tasty. My favorite dish wasn't on the menu, but the waiter knew exactly what I was after: "Ma Po Tofu on Rice?" Perfect! Service was FAST, cooking was FAST, food was EXCELLENT.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mm__j__ww
Powell River, Canada
“Great food, large portions, good prices”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The lunch combos and family dinners for 2/4/6 are an excellent value, have large portions and tasted great. The $19 dinner for two stuffed us both for dinner and for lunch the next day with the leftovers. The $7 lunch combo specials are also a great value. We have our new go-to Chinese place. Not a fancy interior but the service was very friendly.

• Visited March 2013
Victoria, Canada
“scammers”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

was there yesterday to purchase some items from their take out lunch menu, and ordered 3 items, when I paid, I was shocked about the charges. it was over 30.00 dollars, which it should've been only 23.00 dollars, when I asked the lady owner, she said oh sorry, sorry, and returned only a dollar and some change, when I asked why, she said, it was wrong menu, which is b.s. cause I said I ordered it from that take out menu, she charged me 8.95 for chow mein, which is suppose to be only 5.95 on their take out menu, and 12.95 for squid, and only 11.50 on that menu, they do this quite often when they add additional few dollars or more on the bii, and if you dont look properly and check, , they will get away with it.....so to all customers out there who enjoy going there, watch out!!!!

Visited June 2012
Victoria, BC
“Consistent, consistent, consistent”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

To me consistency is the mark of a well run kitchen, and this is well run kitchen. We order the "western" style food (only because we don't know what to order otherwise) but the authentic food that other people are eating looks and smells delicious!
Service is not great, but food comes out fast and hot, and delicious, time and time again.

• Visited March 2012