“So reliable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zambri's

Zambri's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zambri's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,177 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Blanshard
Transit: Yates & Quadra Street
Description: Zambri's is an award winning restaurant specializing in Classic Italian cuisine, paired with a unique selection of Italian Wines. "Best Italian Restaurant in B.C….maybe Canada", is just one of the many accolades bestowed on them. Their stunning new location in the Atrium Building is just another reason to visit. Add to this their casual but professional service and you will have a dining experience that cannot be beat.
Saanich, Canada
“So reliable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

While we sent back one dish this time around "sturgeon" , dry and rubbery - the chef imediatly removed it from the menue and replaced it for us with the best Halibut stake ever. Thick moist and so good. Then as an appology provided two of thier delicious deserts - s o much for diet.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver Island, Canada
“No longer the best...quite average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were huge fans and regular customers of the old Zambri's. We loved the warm, casual interior and the suburb food. We've now give the new Zambri's three dinners and a lunch, spaced out over the year or so they have been open. It's a funky, modern room and we had high hopes that the food would be the same or better. Sad to say, it's not. Last visit our appetisers were fine, especially the antipasti, however, our mains we lacking. We had two different pastas, a pizza and duck. The duck was the best of the bunch but not exceptional. As one of our foursome said - where is the flavour?? Service is good, the room is noisy but tolerable, the wine selection great. So what happened to the food?

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank IslandAmica
Victoria, Canada
“Really great food and beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Last night my husband and I decided to try Zambri. We really were happy that we went. This restaurant is in a very nice new setting and quite easy to find. With the high ceilings, even though there is wood in most of the ceiling, it can be noisy if you are sitting in front. With groups celebrating birthdays, it sometimes was pretty loud. The rooms in the back seemed to be more quiet and I know next time I will ask to sit there. The service is excellent and so is the food. My husband had the veal and he enjoyed it very much. The portion was a very good size. I had the gnocchi and it was very delicious. The size was enough for two people. I looked at most of the pasta servings and they were quite large. Great if you have a big appetite. The pizzas were quite big as well. If you don't want such a big amount they will bring you two plates to share. It's a great place and I plan to return.

• Visited September 2012
Sooke, British Columbia, Canada
“Love the food and the atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have followed Peter Zambri's career for a long time and the move from his small reaturant to this larger one. I love the food and the atmosphere of his new larger restaurant. Peter and his sister Jo and their team have created a very good restaurant.

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“deludente!! Very disappointing!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went to Zambri's with my boyfriend for lunch when I was in Victoria (this place was recommended by a waitress I met in a restaurant in Tofino)... what to say: VERY DISAPPOINTING!! We were told to go there as we'd have found the best italian in towm.. maybe the girl who suggested that place was a bit sleepy (it was early morning when she told us so..) or just had a huge hangover and didn't know what she was talking about... my boyfriend had pasta with courgette and mushrooms and I went for the pizza (bad, bad idea...) well the pasta was tasteless with no soul (as I would say)
the courgette were huge, full of seeds and too watery no flavour at all.. and my pizza... well maybe if you get a deep=frozen one from a supermarket and add some mozzarella at home it would be much more tasty than that... (if you had hazarded to through it against a wall it would definitely have come back like a boomerang lol)
and then.. NO SERVICE (the waitress that gave us a table then totally forgot about us...) and when we informed her about the disgusting course she just said "ok I'll tell the chef".. and then disappeared... dunno what to say more except that you can also find the name of this place on the lonely planet (???) hope they will adjust it and delete it!!

• Visited August 2012