“Yummy!”

Ranked #12 of 1,209 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: An outdoor casual seafood eatery on the pier. Open seasonally Mid-February - October 31
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A great food cart on the harbor. Very popular, long lines so go early. The fish and chips portions are HUGE! One piece is plenty for a meal. The chowders and soups looked and smelled delicious as did the seared tuna wraps. Seating is at counters along the water, beware the aggressive birds and setting sun. Fun to watch the sea planes come and go on the water.

1  Thank Bonny B
There are newer reviews for Red Fish Blue Fish

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were excited to try this place based on the reviews. It was a little hard to find but I knew we were there by the line outside. We knew with a line like that the food had to be good. I had the salmon and my husband had the halibut. They were both very good, and the tartar was awesome. The fries weren't all that exciting really. We used them to feed the birds. One piece of fish is big enough, unless you are super hungry. The cole slaw was a little disappointing -- not very sweet. If you're just looking for good fish, its a great place to stop. The soft serve ice cream at the stand next to it is really quite good as well.

1  Thank As4ourhaus
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We LOVED this place! Built in an old storage box (like the ones they load onto the big cargo ships), they serve local when possible, and seasonal fish. They are certified OceanWise, which is an organization that works with restaurants to provide safely and sustainably fished seafood. Bonus! Very fresh, interesting ideas with food - "tacones" which are your choice of fish, their house made slaw, and pea shoots rolled into half of a grilled tortilla. I had the seared ahi tacone one day, and a special of the day which was curry cod. Both were fantastic! My husband had a "spicy fish" tacone one day and the fish and chips another. Yep, we went back a second time! They also have a decent salad and a couple vegetarian options (although if I were vegetarian, I wouldn't likely seek out a fish shop for my lunch). We also tried their fish poutine - not very traditional poutine, but still really delicious. We did wait half an hour in line both times we went. Once we went right when they opened, at 11:30, and the other time we didn't go till 3. Doesn't matter when you go, they're busy, but they move quickly and still handle slight changes and requests well. My only complaint was that I felt there was a LOT of sauce on everything - the slaw, the salad dressing, etc., but I do like very lightly dressed things. Also, their salsa in the bottles next to the ketchup, etc. is good on everything. I could eat it with a spoon! I highly recommend this great place, it's well worth the wait, and it's so nice to sit down and watch the harbor while you eat delicious fish.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

On a sunny late afternoon I enjoyed an early dinner of freshly cooked halibut and chips. The location on the busy harbourside of Victoria, BC, Canada,affords views of the constantly changing air and marine traffic. My daughter who is a more frequent diner raves about the tuna and cod tacones. We were very fortunate in the timing of our dinner because we had no line-up.
a previous review says "It's worth the wait", so correct.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

As I was craving Fish and chips and this place come highly reviewed on trip advisor and the hotel we gave it a shot. The lines really are long. We were unsure on the sizing of the fish and got 2 pieces each, we really could have gotten by with one. I had the Halibut and it was clean and fresh and really meaty, I was happy with my choice. My boyfriend had the cod and it was a bit oily and he found too much batter. Looking at the menu we probably should have gone with the fish tacos which looked amazing (food envy) and would have left feeling healthier :)
The girl taking orders was lovely and liked a chat. The place is just a shipping container on the wharf, but on a nice day (like we had) it was fantastic to sit and eat and watch the sun set. Beware the place closes early. So get there before 7.30pm if you are in the line you get served, once 7.30 hits a staff member comes out and stands and cuts the line off at the last person. Everyone after that is turned away.

1  Thank Rebecca W