“Wow!! So creative”

Ranked #22 of 1,239 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: An outdoor, casual seafood eatery on the pier serving fresh local seafood. Open seasonally Mid-February - October 31
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you like seafood and want casual you must visit Red Fish. I take that back. If you like seafood at all you must visit Red Fish. In one week we ate there 3 times. And that is with a 15 and 17 year old. Everything we had was delicious.

2  Thank travelinmen
Write a ReviewReviews (2,371)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The highlight of my birthday weekend in Victoria BC was eating at Red Fish Blue Fish.. That's coming from a Seattle, WA (USA) born and raised girl, where seafood and coffee is consumed and critiqued with unabashed snobbery. This food is truly hands on eating. You *feel* like you are eating something from the earth... from the sea. The portions are oversized and meaty. An easily share-able meal, I had a half piece of cod and half a piece of halibut with coleslaw and chips. To be honest, I didn't waste stomach space on the chips (fries). I nibbled a few, but instead I'd heard rumored that if you ask in a hushed whisper so noone behind you will hear, they will fry up some tempura pickle chips for you. These pickle chips took the place of my fries and I was over the moon about them! Lastly, I really wanted to try their chowder. Yes, this was a lot of food to eat, but I won't be back for a while, and I had to know what it tasted like! Nontraditional as a chowder, I would absolutely order it again. This chowder is a meal itself! It came in a decent sized paper coffee cup, which with all the other food I could really only 'taste' it. Sweet with coconut milk and white fish, savory with fresh herbs and spices, and it even has a bit of a kick. Lastly and most importantly, this company is committed to the sustainability of our oceans. Red Fish Blue Fish serves only 100% Ocean Wise Seafood. What's not to fall in love with about this little "shack" on the wharf? They deserve the world-wide attention they appear to be getting and yes, they could teach a thing or two to the city of Seattle.

Please note, the only reason I'm giving a 4 out of 5 is because the wait in line will be a nuisance to some (totally worth is to me, and not notable at all). There is a reason for the line... If you get out of it, or turn away because of it, it'll be your loss.

1  Thank adennis09
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ah finally after many years of wanting to try a local favourite the clouds aligned and we were lucky to find ourselves second in line on a cloudy day...the scallop burger was delicious with bright salad greens and perfectly grilled scallops ..the deep fried pickle inside was a nice touch...the halibut and chips was a large delicious portion..light crisp batter and a beautiful piece of white fish ..the coleslaw was a bit of a mystery ?..but ate simply we can't wait to go back and try some more of what they have to offer....the staff work hard to keep everyone happy as well..delicious experience!

1  Thank b4i4gt
Reviewed March 10, 2013

All I can say was the Tempura Salmon Tacone was an excellent snack. Great location. Not too busy on a cold Sunday afternoon in March.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Large, large portions of fish and chips! The line was a bit long but for a good reason. All the orders were right off the grill or fryer.