“So so but expect not much more for touristy”
Review of Irish Times Pub

Irish Times Pub
Ranked #22 of 1,209 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Irish, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: View Street
Description: Welcome to the Irish Times Pub, where excellent design and authenticity are at the heart of downtown Victoria's BEST IRISH PUB! Located at 1200 Government Street, the Irish Times Pub is home to 190 seats over two floors with 80 seats available on our patios, opening onto both Government Street and historic Bastion Square. Our concept goes far beyond mere architecture though. The Irish Times opened with everything it takes to make a pub successfully Irish, including authentic Live Irish music, 7 nights a week. The tradition of Ireland has also been extended to our menu, which has been developed on a philosophy of creating traditional Irish food and drink that is both contemporary and funky, showcasing Irish Pub Food as you would see in Ireland today.
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had typical fish and chips...greasy and fries were not meaty, but thin. Server was not attentive and rarely smiled. Nice to sit outside to people watch and be able to talk. Not impressed.

There are newer reviews for Irish Times Pub

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Such a fun place to be! We came around 8pm on a Friday night and the place was packed. We were seated in a smaller room where we were able to chat but still experience the atmosphere. I had the Irish Stew while my boyfriend had the Pulled Pork Sandwich. We also had a round of Polar Bear shots and two beers. The food was very flavorful and we felt the perfect level of full afterwards. Our waitress was helpful when answering questions and the service was quick despite it being so busy! Staff definitely knew what they were doing. We'll be back!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our visit here was very enjoyable. The restaurant is beautiful inside with a unique layout. We were greeted warmly and shown to a table in a cozy room looking over the street patio (which was closed because of the rain). Our server, Veronica, helped us to make choices from many appealing items on the menu. There is an extensive selection of both local and imported beers. My wife ordered the fish and chips (sweet potato fries) which she enjoyed. I started with the seafood chowder. It was hearty and very good - just the thing to start a meal on a chilly, rainy evening. For my main course I had the Irish stew which again was hearty, nicely flavored and enjoyable. The chunks of rosemary bread incorporated into the stew took a simple stew to a new level.
Overall this was a great choice for a reasonably priced casual meal.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place to grab a bite to eat and a beer. I had the Dublin Dawg and my husband had a burger and we both loved it.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stopped in on a Monday night and it was busy.
We loved the ambiance of the place and the live entertainment was excellent.
The beer was cold and good.

But the food was terrible.
My husband wanted the corn beef sandwich but they were all out.
He ordered the bangers and mash instead and was very disappointed and didn't eat it.
It wasn't a traditional bangers and mash. It wasn't plated properly and everything was heaped on top of the mash. The bangers were dry and tasted terrible.
I had the fish tacos but they were so spicy hot that I couldn't taste anything.