“Hearty comfort food”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: View Street
Description: Welcome to the Irish Times Pub, where excellent design and authenticity are at the heart of downtown Victoria's BEST IRISH PUB! Located at 1200 Government Street, the Irish Times Pub is home to 190 seats over two floors with 80 seats available on our patios, opening onto both Government Street and historic Bastion Square. Our concept goes far beyond mere architecture though. The Irish Times opened with everything it takes to make a pub successfully Irish, including authentic Live Irish music, 7 nights a week. The tradition of Ireland has also been extended to our menu, which has been developed on a philosophy of creating traditional Irish food and drink that is both contemporary and funky, showcasing Irish Pub Food as you would see in Ireland today.
Mississauga, Canada
“Hearty comfort food”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Our visit here was very enjoyable. The restaurant is beautiful inside with a unique layout. We were greeted warmly and shown to a table in a cozy room looking over the street patio (which was closed because of the rain). Our server, Veronica, helped us to make choices from many appealing items on the menu. There is an extensive selection of both local and imported beers. My wife ordered the fish and chips (sweet potato fries) which she enjoyed. I started with the seafood chowder. It was hearty and very good - just the thing to start a meal on a chilly, rainy evening. For my main course I had the Irish stew which again was hearty, nicely flavored and enjoyable. The chunks of rosemary bread incorporated into the stew took a simple stew to a new level.
Overall this was a great choice for a reasonably priced casual meal.

Visited October 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Dublin Dawg is awesome!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place to grab a bite to eat and a beer. I had the Dublin Dawg and my husband had a burger and we both loved it.

Canmore, Canada
“Great atmosphere and live music”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stopped in on a Monday night and it was busy.
We loved the ambiance of the place and the live entertainment was excellent.
The beer was cold and good.

But the food was terrible.
My husband wanted the corn beef sandwich but they were all out.
He ordered the bangers and mash instead and was very disappointed and didn't eat it.
It wasn't a traditional bangers and mash. It wasn't plated properly and everything was heaped on top of the mash. The bangers were dry and tasted terrible.
I had the fish tacos but they were so spicy hot that I couldn't taste anything.

Blackwood, NJ
“Loved this place.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

During our stay in Victoria we took a walk and discovered this little place down the street from the water. We sat outside to have a quick lunch and ended up sitting outside for two hours. We didn't want to leave. It was a beautiful day, the food was great. We started with probably the best nachos I've ever had, ending with great soup and salad. They have tons of different kinds of beer. It is a typical pub inside with beautiful woodwork and brass trimming. If you visit Victoria, do yourself a favor and visit Irish Times.

Tampa, Florida
“Great pub food, great beer prices”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here with my mother and grandma. We all really enjoyed the food. The bangers and mash were fantastic and the portions are huge! The beer selection is fabulous and I imagine must be the most expansive tap selection in Victoria! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because it's super loud inside. We had a hard time talking to each other.