“First Irish Food Experience - Great!”
Review of Irish Times Pub

Irish Times Pub
Ranked #20 of 1,196 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Irish, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: View Street
Description: Welcome to the Irish Times Pub, where excellent design and authenticity are at the heart of downtown Victoria's BEST IRISH PUB! Located at 1200 Government Street, the Irish Times Pub is home to 190 seats over two floors with 80 seats available on our patios, opening onto both Government Street and historic Bastion Square. Our concept goes far beyond mere architecture though. The Irish Times opened with everything it takes to make a pub successfully Irish, including authentic Live Irish music, 7 nights a week. The tradition of Ireland has also been extended to our menu, which has been developed on a philosophy of creating traditional Irish food and drink that is both contemporary and funky, showcasing Irish Pub Food as you would see in Ireland today.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“First Irish Food Experience - Great!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food was amazing! I couldn't stop eating! Also very cute pub-style atmosphere, although the girls do have to wear tiny kilts (sorry ladies!)

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Tanisha M
Team I, Manager at Irish Times Pub, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are pretty proud of our food, glad you enjoyed. As for the short skirts...as a pub run by a woman, our team is comfortable rocking the uniforms. Cheers.

Victoria, Canada
“St Patty's Day”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The wait was about 1/2 an hour but normally there isn't one, nor a cover charge of $10.00. The atmosphere was fun, we arrived at 6pm and had drinks, but no specials were available on this night. Other pubs in the vicinity did not have a cover charge. The music was a mix of recorded and live, but the dance floor is so small its not comfortable as you are always being elbowed and knocked into. The food was good and the price average. We still had a good time, our table was about 10 people and the service was good.

Team I, Manager at Irish Times Pub, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. St. Paddy's is of course our favorite day of the year! March 17th and NYE are the only days of the year you will encounter a cover at the pub. It's simply necessary to provide the patio tenting, 4 live bands and a throng of extra hands to pour beer and keep the crowd safe and happy. We are glad you enjoyed it.
Sausalito, California
“A little overpriced”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat, and the live music emanating from this establishment caught my attention. It was the day before St. Patrick's Day, so I stopped in. I asked for a 'quiet' table, as the band was really into it downstairs. All the young women are dressed in kilts, as were the two men running the bar. Spirits were very high, and the atmosphere made the place fun. However, I was disappointed with my lamb stew. it was mostly potatoes and dumplings, with very little lamb, and I was still pretty hungry. I went for the caesar salad next, and that was good, but again, not that big.
I don't usually eat dessert, but had creme brulee, as i was still a little peckish. As soon as Happy Hour was over, the band seemed to disappear fairly early. I tried the BC sauvignon blanc and a glass of local chardonnay--preferred the sauvignon blanc. I was shocked at the bill ($60)--which seemed high for the quality of the food and small portions.
But it was fun-- and service was fine.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank 33037Kathleen
Team I, Manager at Irish Times Pub, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we always like hearing from our guests. While we are certainly not a "cheap" joint, we strive to provide value for your dollar. Thank you again for your review.
Auburn, Washington
“Sad changes”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have loved Irish Times for 7 years, but this year we were somewhat disappointed in it. We travel to Victoria each year for our anniversary, and always have at least one dinner here. Generally we expect solid Irish fare, including Corned Beef and Cabbage. This year that was gone. Some other favorites were still there, Bangers and Mash, Irish Stew, etc.
At any rate, the service was good enough, and the food we ordered was good, with the exception of there being no brie on the bacon and brie burger...really? We expect drinks to be high, so no surprises there. Overall, we were just left with an attitude of ..."eh" this year. Next year we will try one of the other pubs in the area and see how they rate.

3 Thank Lori H
Team I, Manager at Irish Times Pub, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Sorry that we were not offering your favorite dish when you visited us this time. We hope that you enjoy some of the other fine pubs in Victoria on your next visit, there are lots of great ones. Please do come back. Cheers
Seattle, WA
“Great Saturday night”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a great Saturday night at Irish Times. The crowd is varied - the skimpily dressed good looking folks on up to average casual folks. The band that we saw was a cover band that played a fun variety of music. The staff was definitely rushed on this busy Saturday night, but they were pleasant and as attentive as they could be. The drinks were tasty (not overly strong, but that seems to be the way in Victoria) and the poutine was good (the bacon was maybe gilding the lily a bit, though). I would definitely return to Irish Times as as long as I can snag a table. :)

4 Thank TravelingPenguin