“A great, well priced feed in Victoria”

John's Place Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 1,216 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We dined at John's Place for breakfast. It was the day of the annual Victoria Day parade, so the place was packed. Although the restaurant was full, we managed to be seated at a table in what we felt was a very short time. The meal was worth the wait. This is a place you really must visit in Victoria. The meals are well priced and the portions are sizeable. Half serves of some dishes are available (I had a half serve of Eggs Benedict which was perfect for me). The staff were very friendly and efficient. The photo memorabilia covering the walls is worth a look on its own.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We have been to John's Place for breakfast many times over the years & have never been disappointed. Have been for lunch twice recently & the food & service as always was excellent - love the Oriental Chicken Salad on a tortilla bowl & also the Thai Spring Rolls. Large menu, great food, good portions & try & save space - or come back - for a slice of one of their delicious pies or cheesecakes! Veggie & GF options. Eat where the locals eat is always a good motto! The prices are good too & the service friendly & efficient.

1  Thank IndigoJT
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was fortunate to eat here several times, while I visited the area. My meals were massive, satisfying and worth the wait! The Chai Lattes are fantastic, while the omelets are huge! The added touch of home comes in the form of warm, baked loaf slices with a hint of Rosemary and slices of pie. Simply delicious!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Honestly, while it may feel like a chore to wait in line for breakfast, it's worth it! The menu is HUGE, with choices for everyone including those of us who are gluten free, and as an added bonus, the gluten free waffle didn't taste gluten free at all, which is usually the case. The portions are huge, the whipped maple syrup is divine, and the atmosphere is fun. I've been going here since I was a teenager, but have never reviewed it before.....been away for awhile and went back this weekend, and wasn't disappointed. Even the waitress I remembered from years ago was still there, and still as charming and efficient as ever! The only thing I have to complain about is the cost of the lattes....while tasty (they use Lavazza coffee which is my favourite), $4.75 for a double is terrible! Anyway, go and enjoy...John's Place is worth the wait.

1  Thank Thejourneygenie
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Saturday morning breakfast, about a 10 minute wait. Staff are really friendly and fun. Food, typical fare, but really good and generous portions. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank Tom S