“So good we go every morning when my dad visits!”

John's Place Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,189 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Victoria, Canada
“So good we go every morning when my dad visits!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic -anytime of day!
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner... everything on the menu is terrific. it is our favourite breakfast place in Canada. the bennys are to die for and they can satisfy everyones preferences. the gluten free/celiac options taste awesome! Whenever my dad comes to visit from Toronto we eat at Johns Place every morning.
Our top favourites include:
Black stone Benny
Traditional Benny with asparagus
The 222
Catch 22
The waffles with their cream cheese syrup
Grilled chicken Caesar salad
Falafel plate
Lasagna
Burgers
Any of their soups
Oh and you have to try the Johns Place herb bread! We always take a loaf home - it is fabulous !!!!
The service is amazing too! Some of the staff have been their from the beginning and they are all amazing!
I can't say enough about this gem of a restaurant. It's a fun, friendly atmosphere and guaranteed great food and a wonderful experience.
We also went there for our Thanksgiving dinner this year and it was unbelievable - best turkey I have ever had at a restaurant. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank DDDOTTIE

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mesquite, Nevada
“Special Menu for Late Risers”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great find in Victoria. Just got off the ferry from Seattle and still in the mood for breakfast. If our hotel hadn't recommended this place we would have never found it. Food was excellent but staff was better. Avril took care of us while she hummed along with the piped in music. Nice to see people that still enjoy their jobs. Everyone working was happy. It's a busy place, so you may have to wait for a table, but it's worth it. Great eggs bene!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank WyomingPam
Red Deer, Canada
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Fun atmosphere! Great service! Food was so delicious!
Will certainly be back on our next Victoria visit! The negative reviews almost kept us from
stopping in - so happy we decided to take a chance!
A casual restaurant with great food!

• Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy gluten-free vegetarian”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Pros:
- Gluten-free waffle as big as my head
- Friendly, fast-enough service
- Their signature creamy sauce that came with the waffles

Cons:
- Bit cramped and took awhile to get seated but both largely due to their popularity. Well worth the 1 minute wait to get noticed.

• Visited September 2013
Modesto, California
“Delicious Meal, Very Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a very good meal at John's for our first dinner in Victoria during our week long vacation here. I wanted to eat here based on the great reviews and the appealing looking menu. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere with lots of old pictures of celebrities hanging on the walls. Our server was enthusiastic and attentive. The menu had several items that I wanted to choose, but since I could only make one choice I went with the salmon, since I really enjoy salmon and it was caught locally. My salmon meal came with rice and several nice vegetables including corn on the cob. My husband had the sausages with gravy and mashed potatoes with vegetables. We were served some of their delicious house made bread before the meal. For dessert we shared a very large slice of apple pie with ice cream. Everything was quite tasty and well prepared. I hoped to come back here and have breakfast or another meal while staying in Victoria but the opportunity did not come up. My husband did come back alone and had breakfast, eggs benedict which he said he enjoyed. I thought the prices were quite reasonable here. All in all, a great choice and would definitely recommend!

• Visited September 2013