“Awesome deal for kids”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Victoria
“Awesome deal for kids”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had not been to Pagliacci's in years (possibly 10 or so). I suddenly had a craving for their salads and dragged celiac husband and 3 small kids for a late lunch. Even though the restaurant is small and has a cramped feeling, the staff did not mind accommodating our stroller for our sleeping 2 year old (I have to add that the mid-week lunch crowd had already left). Both my husband and I ordered main course salads, which were delish. We also found out that they are able to accommodate a celiac diet, which is a huge bonus. The salads were plentiful and delish and their bread is as good as I remembered.
The kudos goes to their kids meal, which included a Shirley Temple and pasta for the kids. The kids items were FREE! First time ever that I have seen complimentary kids meals, and this place has got my vote. We will definitely be back to enjoy more adult (and kids) meals.

• Visited March 2014

Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a small restaurant whose food is so good you don't mind the sometimes close quarters with your fellow diners. The daily lunch special, always tasty and the generous, well-priced portions make this a regular with stop.

Victoria, Canada
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant has been one of my favorites for over 20 years. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is always interesting. A wide selection of Italian favorites and great value. I would go just for the bread!

• Visited May 2013
Victoria, Canada
“A favourite of locals and visiting celebs!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Last weekend I took my sister from Vancouver ( the gastronomic center of the west) to Victoria's unique family bistro, Pagliacci's, housed in a landmark battered old building on Broad Street. Rain or shine, this place is always packed - no reservations - no private nooks for romance or business transactions, no crystal chandeliers nor damask napkins. People come for the hearty, homemade 'Italian momma kind- of- food' especially the endless bowl of zuppa, the giant salads, the bulging basket of warm bread, the specialty meatballs, lasagna and of course spaghetti - Delizioso! I don't know anyone who does not love Pags.

Victoria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food and reasonable price”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's one of the places that are a favorite of my family. We go there often!!! Great atmosphere!! Great food and the prices are such that a family can afford it!