“Great food and service”

Ranked #315 of 1,209 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Baan Thai, we strive to deliver not just exceptionally tasting food but to bring our diners a truly enjoyable, authentic Thai experience. Whatever you order, we assure you, you’ll be back for more!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at this restaurant and enjoyed ourselves very much. The service was very good and the food good except we had some spring rolls which were a little too cooked. There is a wine list but not very large and it was not the best glass of wine but passable. I had some eggplants and chicken in a nice sauce and my husband had a hot chicken & pepper dish. I would recommend for people who like Thai food, this is one nice place. I will return.

There are newer reviews for Baan Thai Wok and Bar

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to experience Baan Thai a few times in the last month. I loved that they have gluten free options right on their menu. The staff is knowledgeable and the food was good. The only complaint I have is that the shrimp paste was added right into the curries so vegetarians are quite limited.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I used to love Baan Thai on Blanshard and went there many times, perhaps since it's opened. However, two weeks ago, the combo food I ordered was not that great. The soup was just luke warm, I had to ask the waitress to put it in the microwave for a few minutes. Then, the rice and red curry including the spring rolls also just warm, I didn't ask the waitress to heat it up as I have already asked to heat up the soup. I usually pigged out and finished the whole meal, but this time, I couldn't even finish 1/2 of the meal. Very disappointing!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have been a few times and have also ordered it via delivery and am always very pleased. The portions are large and the food amazing! I like the coconut, curry soup. My faves are #13 and 30. When eating in I always get there lychee martini, so fragrant and nice. Service is great and although the restaurant is in their down town location, I have never had to wait longer then 10 minutes and the staff remember me and are very attentive.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

my wife rates their pad-thai 5 stars. I like their lunch curry, but sometimes it's a little short of sauce. Their spring rolls never disappoint.