“Dinner last Night”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hillside - Quadra - Downtown Blanshard
Reviewed April 3, 2014

4 of us out for Dinner at 5th Street last night. Waiter got all the meals correct with out a note pad and some where heavily modified, I had the weekly special ( Wed = Fried chicken) I have had before and it was very good, moist and crispy at the same time. It came with a piece of corn bread, some dipping sauce and some red mashed potatoes (real ones) It was a very good plate of food, just wish a vegetable came with it. Others had the Beef burger which very good, but the fires where a little whimpy/soft ( We did not complain as the burger was enough to get filled on). Another order was the Seared Halibut, which the chef nailed, very moist, not overly seasoned, just right. The last order was the Prosciutto, Pear and Arugala Pizza. Presentation on this was nice, had a thin crust and was told that it tasted great. We finished dinner with Vanilla ice cream, a lemon Tart and I had the Lemon Cheese cake. Gotta say the cheese cake was fantastic, crumbly dry and not over powering on flavour. We had some wine during dinner, 4.50 a glass on Wednesday. Over all a very good meal. Others plates in the restaurant also looked very inviting/delicious. We have been before, it has a nice atmosphere, the covered area out back by the fire place is very nice. This is pretty good value, all this for around $100 for 4.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had a salad with steak here. I am a local and have been here many times to witness the decline of this restaurant. The meat was so terrible , badly cooked, and frankly smelly that I shudder every time I remember it. This is a restaurant that has tumbled from what was once dependable mediocrity to downright spoil.

2  Thank HavanaBob
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Sad to see the 5, 10, 15, 20 menu go as it was a fantastic and affordable trademark of 5th Street. I typically get the Honey Garlic wings which have gone up in price and down in quality. They were lacking sauce, the chicken certainly isn't as full as it used to be and a large amount of it had crisp inedible fatty patches. Was severely disappointed with the house fries which used to be my favourite. They were served in a huge bowl which could be snacked on by up to 4 people and it was worth going in even if just for them. Now they are served on a very very small plate and I was bummed when I received the bottom of the deep fryer basket and at least half of them weren't edible. It is upsetting to drive by daily and not even want to go in anymore.

Hope they get some decent management and can get back to how fantastic they were!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

went there last week to enjoy the hockey game.this was the first time I was in 5th in a couple of years.i live upisland and don't make it to Victoria often.i ordered my personal fav ham and pinepapple pizza.i loved the ham and pineapple pizza before,and I was no a big fan of their so called ham and pineapple pizza.looks like they cheaped out!!!!it wasn't good at all.i was tempted to send it back but didn't want to bother the server,because she looked busy. the décor was changed mostly for the good except their pictures on the wall had a good bit of dust on them.it's like they haven't been cleaned since the place changed owners,and there were gawd awful homemade pictures that were probably made a 5 year old??? c'mon

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We found this restaurant on recommendations from our B&B host Ian, from Abbeymoore B&B, we used our car to get there.
On entering the smell is just wonderful from the wood fired grill. It's a family place but seating is intimate. My grown daughter and I had the rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes. WOW! it was like eating at momma's house! They have at least a dozen rotisserie spits spinning full chickens over the fire. My husband and son-in-law had the pizza which I think was wood fired too. They would stretch the dough and put it on the pan, spread what looked like a garlic mixture over it, bake it a few minutes, take it out, pop the bubbles in the crust, spread on sauce, cheese etc and bake some more - lots of fun to watch. Prices were about $11-$15 but I thought it was worth it and I do recommend it.