“Not my favorite japanese experience”

Yoshi Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #415 of 1,227 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Go and see for yourself.
I found the server not very helpful for people not familiar with japanese food.
The food was good and waiting time was acceptable.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

It has been years since we were last here. Since then we have visited Japan and experienced fresh Japanese sushi. Yoshi Sushi is probably has as good sushi as you can expect to experience in Victoria. My wife and I shared a boat for lunch which came to about $25.00 after tax which is quite reasonable. Much less that what you would pay in Japan for quality sushi. Service was attentive but not particularly friendly.

1  Thank fishnguy
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sushi tasted like really bad grocery store fare. The maki tasted old, and was very chewy. The rice was not fresh, and tasted like it had been sitting around for a while. We got our tempura app AFTER the sushi rolls were delivered, and only when we asked for it. The batter was really thick- not light and crispy like tempura batter should be...Although, it was better than the sushi. What a disappointment.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Was recommended this place by a friend as one of the better places in Victoria for Japanese food. Have to say it was average at best. The food was OK but pretty much everything I wanted seemed too much trouble. I ordered seafood stir fry and Tuna and Salmon Sashimi. I wanted both spicy. Nope they don't do that. Have to have spice on the side which I can add. Never got it BTW. Plus it's better to add it to the stir fry as it's cooking. Once the meal was over I wanted to order some stuff to go for my son. He was at hockey camp. He's super fussy and does not like anything healthy...lol. So I asked for Udon noodle, fried with chicken and Teriyaki sauce. Nope could not have that either. All separate and mix it together my self. When I paid I asked the waitress if she was happy? She said no. Too busy. I said it would be nice if she could smile once in a while. Too many tables she said. No time to smile. This was 1:30 PM so not exactly busy on a week day?

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Pretty average fare. My parents love it though so that counts for a lot when taking the relatives out for lunch!