“so pleased we ate here”
Review of Wild Saffron Bistro - CLOSED

Wild Saffron Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It was the notice in the window advertising a guitarist that evening, that drew us in! We weren't especially hungry so only sampled a main course each, salmon for me and halibut for my daughter. The staff were attentive, the atmosphere just right and the guitarist added to the relaxed ambience we needed after a very long day of travelling from the UK. We certainly hoped that the delicious food served here was going to be an indication of Canadian food in general during our 10 day stay! We would definitely recommend this restaurant based on our experience.

2  Thank olivanova

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went to Wild Saffron tonight for the Dine Around and to be honest for $30 it was good (I'd been looking for a reason to go to wild Saffron for a long time and dine Around was a great reason). I had a great starter of Marinated Bocconcini Cheese, followed by ribs and a Lemon Curd Parfait. I enjoyed my food but my wife didn't - she had a Belgium Endive salad to start and I thought part of the salad had been lost between the kitchen and the table - it was really small; she also said her ribs were really dry. So all in all I enjoyed my food, my wife didn't hence the middle of the road rating.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It has been three years since I last had dinner at the Wild Saffron Bistro, which is in the Swans Suite Hotel in Victoria. After the incredible dining experience I had on the weekend, I cannot think why I took so long to go back. Lack of consistent advertising, no invigorating promotion of the Chef or the kitchen, perhaps being just too close to a very average pub causes the Wild Saffron to be obscured on the city's culinary scene. My partner and I ate simply - although the Dine Around menu was tempting. I had the garden salad and by the time my palate had savoured the perfect balance of bitter greens, local blue cheese, cranberries, hazelnuts and - are you ready? - a perfectly sliced poached cold pear - washed down with Gheringer Pino Gris at just $35 for the perfectly chillled bottle - I felt I was in the Garden of Eden. The main was the wild mushroom ravioli. Again - the hand-made pouches of multi-mushroom flavours made plate-licking only an impulse away. Service was personal, unrushed and classy. The bread was warm and tasted home-made. Please don't hesitate to spend some time there.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was in Victoria just before christmas and some friends suggested going to the Wild Saffron and I am very glad they did. We had an excellent night with good food and great service, I will be returning here the next time I am in Vic.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We last ate here two years ago and were very disappointed. The steak was mostly gristle and the crab cake was mushy. A radical drop off, as we had eaten there many times before and had great food and service. We read about the renovation and the new chef and decided to give it another try. Glad we did! The food was perfectly cooked and presented. Spoke to the chef after the meal and were impressed with her enthusiasm and talent. Will be back!

3  Thank ontheroad80