“Dependable & Reliable”

Neighborhood: Burnside
Vancouver, Canada
“Dependable & Reliable”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have been to this restaurant on several occasions, even on a hockey night! We know what to expect and what we want to order. We have not been dissapointed and the servers & staff have been very good & efficent. White Spot has been part of my dining style for over 50 years!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank sashakeena

High River, Canada
“good selection of food”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Really enjoyed the food and the service and was a bit above standard for White Spots as a whole. Short wait, good table - just as we asked for even at busy hour. Food served quickly and piping hot by very pleasant wait people.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jeanne1942
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, terrible service, poor value.”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

White spot USED to be a great family restaurant. Remember when a milkshake came in a large glass with the stainless tumbler from which to refill your own glass? When the food was tasty and portions reflected the price? When service was friendly, the place was clean and the atmosphere warm and welcoming? Ah, those were the days....

I have recently moved back to Victoria. 10 years ago White Spot, pretty much any White spot on the Island was terrific. Good service, good, consistent food at a reasonable price. No longer I'm afraid. After several attempts, mostly at this location, I finally admit defeat. At this location on one visit, I actually observed a woman changing her infant's diaper ON THE TABLE (where you eat, not in the bathroom) in full view of staff. Yikes.

My last experience was with breakfast mid morning when the place was only 25% capacity. Service very slow and harried, coffee sent in a dirty cup, breakfast (eggs bene, pancakes - 3 people ordered at my table) took over ONE HOUR (with no one coming around to explain what was going on or refill coffee) and when it did arrive the order was incomplete as the server had returned two orders of pancakes telling me they were "rock hard". The food that did come to the table was cold and disgusting. At this point I gave up and called the manager over. He looked very tired, stressed, and frankly stared at me blankly seemingly not knowing what to do.

In short, the food is awful (poor leadership), service disengaged and disorganized (poor leadership) and the prices are too high for the quality and quantity of food.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Barney R
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“its white spot”
Reviewed May 5, 2008

its white spot

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“White Spot never gets it...”
Reviewed December 23, 2007

White Spot never gets it right for my taste... whether the service is really slow or I've found a hair in my food, I never come out feeling satisfied. If there is another option I'd give White Spot a miss.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook