“Bad food, terrible service, poor value.”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #320 of 1,234 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Burnside
Reviewed September 11, 2011

White spot USED to be a great family restaurant. Remember when a milkshake came in a large glass with the stainless tumbler from which to refill your own glass? When the food was tasty and portions reflected the price? When service was friendly, the place was clean and the atmosphere warm and welcoming? Ah, those were the days....

I have recently moved back to Victoria. 10 years ago White Spot, pretty much any White spot on the Island was terrific. Good service, good, consistent food at a reasonable price. No longer I'm afraid. After several attempts, mostly at this location, I finally admit defeat. At this location on one visit, I actually observed a woman changing her infant's diaper ON THE TABLE (where you eat, not in the bathroom) in full view of staff. Yikes.

My last experience was with breakfast mid morning when the place was only 25% capacity. Service very slow and harried, coffee sent in a dirty cup, breakfast (eggs bene, pancakes - 3 people ordered at my table) took over ONE HOUR (with no one coming around to explain what was going on or refill coffee) and when it did arrive the order was incomplete as the server had returned two orders of pancakes telling me they were "rock hard". The food that did come to the table was cold and disgusting. At this point I gave up and called the manager over. He looked very tired, stressed, and frankly stared at me blankly seemingly not knowing what to do.

In short, the food is awful (poor leadership), service disengaged and disorganized (poor leadership) and the prices are too high for the quality and quantity of food.

1  Thank Barney R

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2008

its white spot

Reviewed December 23, 2007

White Spot never gets it right for my taste... whether the service is really slow or I've found a hair in my food, I never come out feeling satisfied. If there is another option I'd give White Spot a miss.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2007

Been to the one in Collwood ( Not This one) just before closing time. The food was cold and uncooked . We felt like we were being hurried through our meal so the staff could go home or partying or where-ever. Will Not Go Back There Ever.

Reviewed November 16, 2007

Meals are not great. Okay place for meeting friends for breakfast.