“The Best Tea in BC”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jubilee
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We did three tea rooms while in Victoria, including the Empress. White Heather was absolutely the best. The Big Muckle tea for two was huge and wonderful. You could taste the freshness in every sandwich and dessert all tasted amazing. The tea sandwiches were larger and more generously stuffed then most. Be prepared to need a to go box! The Not So Wee Tea would also be more than sufficient as it is only missing a few of the items from the Big Muckle.

1  Thank Phxgrl

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had planned on high tea at the Empress but were urged to consider White Heather for quality and cost by a local! It was relaxed, delicious and more than 2 could eat!! The restaurant is lovely. It's about 10-15 minutes from the inner harbor area. Reservations are strongly suggested- many people were turned away while we were there!

1  Thank ILVKDZ
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Was staying at the Empress Fairmont. Beautiful hotel but was told by locals to have high tea at at White Heather. Walked over from the Empress- 35 min walk.
It was worth the walk. Real authentic High Tea. We ordered the big mukle. We were not disappointed. Carrie, our waitress was so pleasant and helpful.we had tea - in home made tea bags served in real china cups. We were served a 3 tier assortment of hot, cold sandwiches and specialty baked items. It was too much for the 2 of us so we took a doggie bag. Reservations are a must. The restaurant was full. We went at 3 pm. Added bonus when you go here - be sure to shop next door at the tulipe noir ladies store. The most beautiful clothes. Bring in 3 foods for the food bank and you will get $10 off your purchase. Not to be missed.

1  Thank Sandy99
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very dainty food, every bite was savory & the service was excellent! Because my hubby isn't a tea lover, I went on my own. At first I was placed somewhere in the middle of the room, but when other patrons that were sitting by the windows freed up the spot, I asked for the change of seat & the hostess was more than willing to oblige. All this was done before my food arrived & it was after the lunch rush, so I think that they were willing to accommodate me. I enjoyed the view out the windows while I savored my delicious afternoon tea. It was such a delightful experience! Plus, it was very reasonable priced compared to a certain other tea room that seemed to have just as good food as this one. The White Heather Tea Room was for half the price and just as great food!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went in search of high tea--one of my weaknesses--and went on the recommendation of a random stranger. I was not disappointed. A nice array of specials tempted me from my original plan, but I was there for tea. I chose the "not so wee tea" designed for one, a traditional selection and amount, but be hungry, or order the smaller tea. There is also a tea for two. Nice selection of GOOD quality black teas. The selection includes a changing variety of sandwiches and sweets, today a ham pinwheel, an egg and olive pinwheel, a cucumber cream cheese ribbon sandwich, a mini quiche, a mini savoury scone-wich, and the sweets included a lemon curd tart, a sweet pound cake, a plain shortbread, a toffee-chocolate slice, and a full sized sweet fruit scone, served with jam, cream and lemon curd (which was a bit odd, but delicious). I wish it came on a proper tiered tea plate, but that is just aesthetics... Definitely make reservations if you are going with friends. But mostly be sure to go

2  Thank ReadLisaRead