“Tasty Treats”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jubilee
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Delicious tea, tiny sandwiches and delectable desserts. All served to you by women who look like your grandma/aunt. What more could you ask for?

1  Thank LaurenTurbo
There are newer reviews for White Heather Tea Room

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful tea room. The food was delightful and the price was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Although somewhat off the beaten path, the High tea was superb. The tea room lacks the ambiance of the Empress, however, the price is quite reasonable. We were unable to complete all the delicious delicacies and took the remainder back to our hotel.

1  Thank Adrienne L
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I came to Victoria to celebrate my birthday, and the one thing I wanted to do was have high tea. I've been to the Empress, and while it was lovely, I didn't find it filling. Plus, been there, done that, I wanted a new adventure.

You definitely need to call ahead and make a reservation, even if you do it same day. The tea room only has a dozen or so tables, and locals frequent them. Everything I ate was delicious... I had the "Not so wee tea" which included a scone with all the fixings, mini quiche, 4 tea sandwiches, citrus cake, shortbread cookie, and small lemon tart. I found it to be a very satisfying lunch, and many people around us just boxed up their desserts to go.

Staff was friendly and accommodating, restaurant was decorated tastefully, and there was free parking in a small lot on Davie street. Only draw backs were it's location from Victoria proper, and it's lack luster facade. Oh, if you plan on ONLY having tea, I wouldn't reccommend here because they have a minumum charge of $9-ish. If you want lunch or dessert with your tea, then it is more than worth it.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the White Heather Tea Room. I had emailed them before our visit asking directions from Victoria. They responded immediately with directions on which bus we needed to take to Oak Bay. We made reservations the day before and were lucky they had a few openings, make sure to call ahead they are very popular. The food quality and quantity were excellent. The owner and her staff are very attentive. There is a bus stop directly outside the restaurant. This is not just a tea room, you can also order other dishes that looked just as good.