“Very nice meal - great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vista 18

Vista 18
Reserve with OpenTable
Vista 18 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 1,180 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Fairfield Rd
Transit: 1/2 block from Vista 18 is Douglas Street which is one of the main routes for our transit system. Some of the main routes with stops here are 1, 2, 2A, 4, 7, 7N, 21, 27, 28, 30, 31, 70 and 75. For full details, please visit www.bctransit.com
Description: Located on the 18th floor of Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites, Vista 18 Westcoast Grill and Wine Bar takes dining with a view to the next level. Guests are treated to a regional dining experience where they can sample the best that the area has to offer, while taking in the view of Victoria's bustling Inner Harbour or the Juan de Fuca Strait and Olympic Mountains. Come enjoy the live music in our lounge on Friday and Saturday nights while sampling martinis and small bites; or come for a delicious dinner in the restaurant. Our menu features fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by our talented culinary team. Complement any experience with wine from our extensive list featuring many offerings from Vancouver Island and B.C. wine regions. Vista 18 is a dining experience not to be missed.
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice meal - great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here for our 4th Anniversary dinner, and we really enjoyed it. We booked it on OpenTable and put in the notes that it was our anniversary. It wasn't crowded, so they gave us a table in the corner. The views of course were spectacular.

Dinner was great, and my beef tenderloin was cooked perfectly. Dessert was delicious too - we had the creme brulee sampler.

The reason that I gave the restaurant 4 stars instead of 5 (tempted to give 3) is for two reasons. #1 - they lied to me:

Shortly before our reservation, my wife and I had second thoughts about going to Vista 18, as we had seen some other really neat restaurants in town. I called up from my room (we were staying in the hotel that the restaurant is at the top of) at about 6:30 (last Saturday, 8/31/13) and asked how difficult it would be to get a reservation. We wanted a busy/bustling ambiance and didn't want to go if it was going to be empty. They told me on the phone that they were "on the verge" of being fully booked, but that they had a few spots left open. This was great, so we went ahead and dined up there anyway. As it turned out, the restaurant was actually about ~30%, 40% at the very most full for the duration of our dinner. This was really annoying, but other than that, we really enjoyed dinner.

One other problem with dinner. I brought a $40 bottle of wine and wanted to keep the cork. I assumed the server would bring it back after opening the bottle, but he didn't. I asked for it after dinner, but they didn't have it. They said that they would give me another one, which they did, but it wasn't our Ben Marco wine cork. Very annoying. This is a standard practice in the States as many people like to collect corks from nice wines that they have drunk...maybe not in Canada? One other thing - the corkage fee was $25. That is nearly robbery. Most nice restaurants in the states are either $15 or $20. $25 is just insane, and it was a hard pill to swallow.

Anyway, I want to finish on a good note, as it really was a pretty good experience - our server had a good sense of humor but was very professional, and everything else went very well. I would eat there again for sure...I just won't bring wine next time...I'll just order long islands with light ice.

Victoria, Canada
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have been to Vista 18 many times and always enjoyed our meals whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. Always receive a warm welcome. The view is beautiful especially if you are there for a sunset.

Barcelona, Spain
“outdated and disapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

this restaurant came highly recommended. so i made some reservation. not withstanding that we are very disenchanted with our entire victoria experience, because the whole city is run down and worn down, but hits place fit right within that category. we had a look around, saw the old carpet and outdated decor, on the 18th floor of an old hotel, all very 80s....then on top of it the bar area had this horrible chlorine smell.....really????...no! we did leave! i did not want to eat there. so i canceled our table right then and there.
it might just be me, but if i am about to pay premium prices for a nice dinner, which i really wanted to have, I need some ambiance which fits that accordingly.

Noosa, Australia
“Dining with great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Located on 18th floor of the Chateau Victoria, this restaurant is open to the public. We chose the pre theatre 2 course menu (seated by 6.30 pm) and it was okay without being fantastic.

Steak was ordered medium rare and presented medium - a continuous problem we have encountered in Canada, so clearly there is a different interpretation in play. Salmon was slightly over done and a little dry.

Service, view and ambience is very good, would be great for a romantic or special occasion.

Hotel prices as could be expected were on the high side for the quality of meal that was presented.

Still overall a very pleasant evening with excellent service.

Visited August 2013
Javea, Spain
“Beautiful view for a delicious Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wow ... a rooftop restaurant overlooking Victoria and it´s Inner Harbour ... Sunday brunch eggs benedict were excellent as well as the traditional bacon, sausage and eggs breakfast!

Visited July 2013