“Love the variety”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I just love the variety at this funky little place. Great for date night or girls night out. Order a bunch of different plates and share away.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The place is slammed on Fri/Sat nights, so I think quality control becomes a problem (seeing other reviews). I went there for lunch on a Saturday (same as dinner prices). Much slower pace. Super friendly staff. I had the mahi ceviche (which was excellent), the grilled eggplant (which was very good), the egg & cheese tart (which was excellent), and the grilled kale (which was absolutely terrible). No problem, they took it off the bill. I was high-priced, especially for lunch. But my food and service were great. I’ll go again the next time I get to Victoria.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Tapa Bar has a huge menu even my wife who is a very picky eater found a lot of dishes to choose from. The food was excellent both tasty and well presented. The dining room is a bit frenetic in a fun kind of way. So we thoroughly enjoyed this night out in Victoria.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food is always consistent. Great variety. Loud but always a great place to take visitors as you can order and share, or just have small plates if not too hungry. Love the fact that it's beside She She shoes and bags!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Please never have the bacon wrapped dates, as I get very upset when I go and learn that they're out! (its only happened once or twice and now I make sure to order them as soon as i'm seated)
I like to go here for lunch, snacks, drinks, dinner, any excuse. Good food, nice service, funky alley location, decent prices (although would like the Kale to be a bit cheaper - its Kale!) Although once you taste the Kale.... its a dream. Not much I could complain about this place aside from wishing that everything was a bit cheaper to make it funner to share more dishes.
The garlic butter chicken wings are wonderful - but don't plan on any close up conversations afterwards. Their mussels are also delectable.
Looking forward to the next excuse to go