“RETURN to the"Fox!"”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Harris Green
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have made this establishment our weekend breakfast hangout! The food is fantastic and the servers make you fell like home. If you are into "Eggs Benny" or just good old bacon &eggs, this is the place to go! You will probably have to wait a half hour our more, however it is worth the wait!! They have weekend specials (pancakes) or if you are a lunch type person go for the burgers and yes the portions are large, but you can take it home. I do have a difficult time with the individuals commenting on prices being expensive, I have eaten all over the world and you will always get a quality meal at this restaurant ! Please remember the HST is gone so the prices have rolled back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Took my Chinese parents here for breakfast as they wanted something light. Found this place the last minute online. I was a bit skeptical about it after reading all the good reviews. We arrived around 9'ish in the morning on a Monday,waited for about 25 mins, not too bad. The cafe was small but very cozy. We ordered Mexi Omelet, Moroccan Benny and French toast. The size was huge and I have to say - OMG! After the first bite of my Benny, my heart was filled with joy. The other two order were both very delicious too, even my Chinese parents loved them. We also ordered the orange and apple juice which came out to be real juice, very tasty! I only wish they open another one in Vancouver!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Blue Fox has been one of my all time favourite breakfast/brunch places in Victoria. Opened 21 years ago by the delightful Roz, the high standards for their wonderful food has been maintained all this time. Yes it's very busy, particularly on weekend mornings but it's worth the wait! Or try it for breakfast during the week - it's much quieter

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went based on Trip Advisor recommendations. Getting there early on Sunday (before 9 am) meant we didn't have to wait in line. Food was great, portions were huge but one person in our group thought a Mex omelet with pulled pork sounded like a funky way to start the day. MISTAKE. Unless you like a half pound of onions to start your day. The honey apple raisin bread was amazing, and the bennys were above average but not spectacular. Service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This small hip eaterie is a treasure! My daughter and I travel to Victoria frequently and have sample some of Victoria's best and less-than-best ... and this is our favourite!! The manager is a gem .... warm and inviting and appears to genuinely enjoy her work. We have experienced a number of servers and each provided us with exceptional service ... attentive without hovering, warm and welcoming and easily catering to the many requests to accommodate my food sensitivities. In our last visit yesterday, I asked if I could have the milk warmed for my Americano ... and a little jug of warmed milk arrived at our table within minutes .. and with a smile :) The food as I have experienced it is consistently ... fresh, beautifully presented and delicious ... and the portions are substantial! There is almost always a line up ... and for me, it is worth the wait!