“Alternative to hotel food”
Review of Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The menu is extensive and really not too expensive. You can sit outside as well as inside and the staff do not hurry you through your meal. A good place to spend a couple of hours watching the world go by.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I met my cousin, whom I hadn't seen in years, at the Ferry. We walked all over the downtown area and decided that by lunchtime we'd like to eat outside and so found the Swiftsure right across from the ferry terminal and very close to all the attractions that comprise a great day in Victoria.
Though it was a busy lunch time, the waitress cheerfully found us a place outside and made sure we were comfortable before bringing out water and lemon and order sheets. We had a nice hour together without constant waitress interruption, but when the plates were finished she reappeared and cleared, offering coffee and dessert. It was most enjoyable and I'd recommend it to anyone who would like a nice meal on the waterfront without paying an arm and a leg!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is your typical every day basic restaurant. The breakfast fare is typical what you would find anywhere. The omelets were strangely watery if there was cheese involved and from what I can see / taste there was little cheese to be found.

They had an everyday lunch special that typically was something everyone would like and reasonably priced. Good taste typically and fast.

The lounge portion was ok as well. Same menu as the restaurant and the servers were a bit more engaging.

The thing for this place is the location and the layout of the facility as it is close to down town, next door to the Hotel Pacific and a great patio area out front to see and be seen.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stopped here after touring for the day. Service was friendly, accommodating, and efficient; drinks were just right (cosmo, martini, bloody mary), and we filled up on generous portions of very tasty appetizers (ribs, vegie plate, pita with 3 dips). we were delighted to stumble on it, and the patio has umbrellas in case of too much sun or sudden shower, and nice harbor views.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went to the Swiftsure for appies and were blown away by how good the food was. Huge portions, absolutely delicious...I only wish I could have eaten more! Also, I had the best bellini I've ever had. Try it. You'll love it!