“We enjoyed eating here....”
Review of Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went here last night . Ask for a table beside the window so you can see the harbor and people watch. The menu was varied and they had daily specials which are listed on a board outside. We had the steak sandwich ($16) which was well presented and the 6 oz steak was tender and tasty. I had a side salad and the apple vinegar dressing was amazing. Price wise it was reasonable to the area. We were seated right away and the waitress was attentive to our needs. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone...

1  Thank Liz730053
There are newer reviews for Swiftsure Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had dinner here and tried their three course special. My wife had bruschetta to start, steak and prawns for her main, and "triffle" (although we're certain they meant trifle). I started with the spinach salad, calamari for my main, and trifle for dessert. The spinach salad was very delicious, but we found the bruschetta to be lacking in flavour. My calamari was okay, but didn't appear to be cooked as long as it needed since the coating was on the soggy side. My wife's steak had a nice taste and was quite tender, but the balsamic pepper glaze was meant to be on the side. Unfortunately, it was too generously ladled over the entire entree, thus overpowering the dish. We both had the mixed vegetable side which was an odd array of over-cooked and over-seasoned spaghetti squash, red cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. The squash was unappetizing and inedible. My rice pilaf was sticky and very heavily seasoned. The trifle dessert was nicely presented and quite pleasing to the palate.
Our server was quite attentive, but we just weren't blown away by the meal. Not sure if we would try Swiftsure again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is another one of our favorite haunts in Victoria. The menu is extensive and has all types of pub fare at reasonable prices, go for the daily specials as they are usually around the $10 to $12 mark. They have a decent selection of beers on tap (including my husband's favorite that is not that common of a brand) and one can almost always get a table at any time of the afternoon or evening. The windows look out to the inner harbour and its great to watch the lights twinkle on the water in the evening. Its down to earth and has a cross section of patrons that makes one feel at ease, regardless of your age or how one dresses. There is a very strong essence of air freshener in the bathrooms, so beware if you are sensitive to smells or have allergies. My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn a few years ago, lured by the cheap price for the room, and I was nauseous during the entire stay for this same smell in the rooms. We had to sleep with the window open, despite the March date. We do return back to this pub each year, despite not staying at the hotel as it is comfortable and feels like home.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is nothing special in terms of ambiance or service, but if you're tired and just want some decent food it's a great option. Fairly extensive menu--the sweet potato fries and Greek-style burger were particularly tasty.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Canada over valentines day and we liked the lounge so much that we visited twice. The food is great and the service is too!