“The beer helped my rating dramatically.”

Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses
Ranked #62 of 1,227 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Victoria West
Cross street: Esquimalt Road
Transit: The BC Transit #25 public city bus stops directly in front of Spinnakers. Big bus hop on/hop off service also stops directly in front of the property. Akal Airporter service from Victoria International airport is available, with drop off on site. The Victoria Harbour Ferries stop is a short 5-minute walk away, ask the captain for directions.
Description: Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub and Guesthouses is a place that offers it all! Open seven days a week 8:00 am - 11:00 pm, guests are welcome to stop by any time of day to enjoy fresh, local food and great beer! Breakfast served-8am-2pm, Lunch menu available after 11am and Dinner Menu after 5pm.
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I am a beer geek, and will look past a lot for a great pint. The ESB here was outstanding. Well balanced, full of character and true to style. Everything else here was a bit amysmal. The food was mediocre, I had a selection of fatty ribs smothered in a sweet cold sauce. The service was plain horrible, and the prices were steep. Overall, this is a nice place for a pint of the ESB, but I would suggest you eat somewhere else.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

We knew this place when it first opened and was the only game in town, brew-pub wise. The menu now is a mix of pub classics and fusion experiments. Our recent meal was just okay... bread a little tough, mixed greens a little slimy. Should've stuck with fish and chips.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

After the walk from town we finally arrived at this establishment with a thirst and great expectations of a good meal. Forget it . I cannot understand people. Is it that simpley they have no idea or was this just a once off. On passing the kitchen my friend inquired one of the chefs ( I now call cooks) whats the best on the menu and the response was the Brochetti. Really and the reply came back "really". We should have taken the advise. Beef ribs carried so much fat, my friends bacon had no flavour at all and my pot pie was a pastie with hardly any meat inside and the pastry was half cooked. The place was not busy therefore no excuse. People behind me ordered a plate of something that I can only describe as dropings from a very large animal. I could not look at it again as it made me feel rather sick. A world traveller and I know my food, this establishment set amongst the higher end of the markets condos in Victoria producing such horrid horrid dare I say food is extraodinary. To finish, the beer they brew, a third was unavailibe. I do not care as we tried a couple of pints of what was avalible and these were very very ordinary. Overall the visit to this establishment was a tragety

1  Thank Waikatosflyingkiwi
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We enjoyed the seafood chowder.
Also stopped in for a brew one afternoon, were surprised, being that they brew it on premises and it was during Happy Hour that the price didn't reflect that.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

We were excited to go to Spinnakers Brewery Pub. The beer and wine selections were outstanding. They brew their own beer and many of the wines are BC. The restaurant strives to serve locally produced food and they have an interesting, diverse menu. Once our drinks and dinners were delivered, the waiter didn't appear at our table again. He passed by our tables to check on neighboring tables but never stopped by ours and spent the rest of his time standing around talking to another server. I finally was able to wave him down to ask for another round of drinks. In short, the food was excellent, the beer was excellent, but the service was really lacking.