“great local food at great price + 30 beers to choose from”

Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses
Ranked #122 of 1,239 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Victoria West
Cross street: Esquimalt Road
Transit: The BC Transit #25 public city bus stops directly in front of Spinnakers. Big bus hop on/hop off service also stops directly in front of the property. Akal Airporter service from Victoria International airport is available, with drop off on site. The Victoria Harbour Ferries stop is a short 5-minute walk away, ask the captain for directions.
Description: Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub and Guesthouses is a place that offers it all! Open seven days a week 8:00 am - 11:00 pm, guests are welcome to stop by any time of day to enjoy fresh, local food and great beer! Breakfast served-8am-2pm, Lunch menu available after 11am and Dinner Menu after 5pm.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

food came from local sources; breads & pizza dough made on-site + the beer. wish they had not run out of root beer. they also have a small store where they sell local cheese & chocolate + their beer to go!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We decided to try Spinnakers in Victoria on Feb 1st 2014. We (Me, My Wife & 5 Year old daughter) called for reservations mid day. We were told that they were fully booked until 9:00pm, however if we wanted to sit at the "Kitchen Bar" there would be space availible at 6:00pm. We made the reservation. The place was packed. Upon being seated my daughter decided that sitting here was just like being a judge on the show "Chopped". My wife had the Beet & bLental burger, my daughter had the pasta alfredo, & I had the beef & patato pie. Just one word..WOW. it was fantastic. Best restaraunt meal we have had in ages. Nicely done everyone. Oh, the staff is fantastic as well

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had breakfast and a few lunches during an 8 day stay in Victoria. There was such a variety of choices, we never had the same thing twice. Everything was delicious! Staff friendly and accommodating. All the foods are produced on the island. Love that Spinnakers supports the local farmers.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This review is based on 2 separate visits. We visited Spinnakers almost 8 years ago while we were in Victoria on our first anniversary. At that time the service was excellent, the drinks were good and the food(salmon/halibut fish and chips) were the best we ever had anywhere. Fast forward to this past sunday evening(Dec. 29th). After reading recent experiences we thought we would visit Spinnakers again.
The beer was good and the food was good. My wife's dinner was good but I have to say my halibut and chips was not as good as the first time. Our first visit the salmon and halibut tasted like it just came out of the ocean. Could not say that this time. Plus if we remember correctly our first visit we got 2 pieces of fish whereas this time it was only 1 piece. The value and quality are not the same as it was.
As for our waitress, she was very good. Friendly, accommodating and was there when you needed or wanted her.

2  Thank Gregory54
Spinnakers G, General Manager at Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with this feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your beer and experienced a high level of service at Spinnakers. We have been offering our halibut & chips for the past 7 and a half years with one piece of fish with the option to add another. The cost on halibut at dramatically increased which unfortunately means we must also raise our price in order to compensate. I have spoken to our Chef and since it is not halibut season we are using a local, frozen at sea product which is definitely not the same as when halibut is in season. I apologize that you did not enjoy your meal as much as you did during your first visit to Spinnakers. Again, I highly appreciate your feedback. It serves as a tool for us to constantly review how we are doing. Thank you, and I hope to see you through our doors again soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was so excited to go to Spinnakers and was disappointed once it happened. I wanted to have a fun night out with my friends and the waitress was by far the rudest and most unorganized waitress I have ever had. I think my friend asked for a glass of ice for her wine 4 times over a period of an hour before it actually came. All of our drinks came out at different times when we ordered them together. She totally forgot my friends drink. We ordered the hummus appetizer and asked for a few more chips to use as dip and she looked at us like we were a hassle. All of this occured when the place wasn't even that busy. The whole experience was unfortunate and I hope the manager does something about it considering it is such a cool pub.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. At Spinnakers we pride ourselves in our customer service, thus I am concerned about the experience you had. We strive to surpass the expectations of our guests and leave them with the lasting memory of a great experience. Obviously you have not had this experience when visiting us recently and for that I apologize. In order for me to understand what happened with your service experience are you able to provide me with a bit more information? What day did you dine with us? Approximately what time? What section of the restaurant? If you wouldn't mind messaging me at claire@spinnakers.com that would be appreciated. Again, I highly appreciate your feedback. It serves as a tool for us to constantly review how we are doing.