“Good view... That's about it.”

Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses
Ranked #61 of 1,235 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Victoria West
Cross street: Esquimalt Road
Transit: The BC Transit #25 public city bus stops directly in front of Spinnakers. Big bus hop on/hop off service also stops directly in front of the property. Akal Airporter service from Victoria International airport is available, with drop off on site. The Victoria Harbour Ferries stop is a short 5-minute walk away, ask the captain for directions.
Description: Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub and Guesthouses is a place that offers it all! Open seven days a week 8:00 am - 11:00 pm, guests are welcome to stop by any time of day to enjoy fresh, local food and great beer! Breakfast served-8am-2pm, Lunch menu available after 11am and Dinner Menu after 5pm.
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I came here a year ago- loved it. I came again a week ago- hated it. Sorry but... What happened? The quality of food went from about an 8.5 to a 4 in a matter of a year. Did the owners/managers change? It was obvious my pulled pork sandwich had been sitting out, and was heated in the microwave. I ate it but it tasted far from good. Prices were high considering the poor quality of the food... The entire place just seemed run down and I'm sorry to say that I regret going. Yes, it has a nice view, but maybe if you visit just stay away from the food and stick to the beverages.

1  Thank Haylsb
Spinnakers G, General Manager at Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your less then satisfactory experience at Spinnakers. This is definitely not the memory we want to leave with our guests. The owner has been the same for 30 years and the management has not changed for some time. I apologize for your meal not being up to Spinnakers standards and I hope that this one experience has not deterred you from Spinnakers all together. Again, I highly appreciate your feedback. It serves as a tool for us to constantly review how we are doing. Thank you and I hope to see you through our doors again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We tried this great Restaurant & Micro Brewery for breakfast and dinner! We were very happy with the quality, flavour of the food on both occassions. The Brewers breakfast is an excellent way to start your day (served up to 2 pm.) or the Bangers & Mash with a cold glass of flavourful beer or wine if prefered will cap off your day. The service was very quick & friendly, however for me I had an interesting time with the accoustics in the pub or restaurant, it has its challenges when you try to have a conversation!! This eatery has a fantasic view of the inner harbour and the wood burning fire place adds to the atmosphere on a cold evening! This establishment has two levels for eating, upstairs with a nice view of the waterfront. If you would like to purchase some tastey chocolates to statisfy a craving, that is also possible ta the main entrance!

Thank you for posting about your experience at Spinnakers. We love to hear our guests stories! Hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Spinnakers has a great view, while we were dining, we were watching seals play in the harbor. The service was attentive and friendly. The menu is full of local fare, even the wine menu has local variety. We tried the pulled pork nachos. Oh yeah!! So good, they had braised cabbage, pulled pork, onions and cheese. Not your typical nachos, but very good. Then I tried the carrot, squash, ginger soup also very good. Then we has the hot wings and root vegetable pâté and beet hummus (not so much a fan, but my husband liked it). They had a strong focus on pumpkin beer. I tried one, it was creamy and smooth with a hint of nutmeg. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Victoria.

So happy to hear of your great experience at Spinnakers! Hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The food was fantastic. The beer was very good. It was pretty good pub style food. Nothing to complain about. Service was good.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Micro brewery beer good, various sorts, they have taste! Food and service v good, we moved into the conservatory for the view. Lovely staff.