“Great beer, food, location and service”

Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses
Ranked #51 of 1,197 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Victoria West
Cross street: Esquimalt Road
Transit: The BC Transit #25 public city bus stops directly in front of Spinnakers. Big bus hop on/hop off service also stops directly in front of the property. Akal Airporter service from Victoria International airport is available, with drop off on site. The Victoria Harbour Ferries stop is a short 5-minute walk away, ask the captain for directions.
Description: Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub and Guesthouses is a place that offers it all! Open seven days a week 8:00 am - 11:00 pm, guests are welcome to stop by any time of day to enjoy fresh, local food and great beer! Breakfast served-8am-2pm, Lunch menu available after 11am and Dinner Menu after 5pm.
Kirkland, Washington
“Great beer, food, location and service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have come to the pub every time when we are in Victoria for last 14years and it is always a great experience. We generally take a water taxi from inner harbor and then take the short scenic walk to the restaurant but you can also drive to the pub.
Beer is excellent. Not only they have few varieties the brew but the also have many other local beers on tap. Food is farm to table fresh and expertly cooked. I don't like over cooked fish, my salmon was cooked to perfect pink in the center, melt in your mouth good. Tonight's sorbet and ice-cream flavored were bit odd, apple sorbet, sour cream ice cream but tasted ok.
Overall, it is a great place to eat and sip

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
“Very average”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Returned after visiting a few years ago and was disappointed this time with the food and particularly the service.

Kelowna, BC
“Nice location, good food!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Nice salads. Friendly staff. Priced right. Had dinner and lunch here and both times it was great. My husband liked the assortment of beers they had and I liked that they had a lot of mineral water mixed drinks.

Orange County, California
“Must have the Rouille with the Kennebec Fries!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Food was great! Roasted red pepper rouille with the hot Kennebec fries is the go to item for me! Our group of 6 each ordered something different and everything was fantastic.

Visited August 2013
“It's all about the view”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had made a reservation online and we were seated immediately, even though we were about 20 minutes early. That was awesome. However, it took about 10 minutes for our waitress to even acknowledge us. I totally get that it's the summer time and the place was packed, I've worked in the food service industry and I know what it's like when a place is packed. That being said, a table should be acknowledged as soon as possible, even if you don't have time to take a drink order or even drop off menus if they weren't already on the table (they were in this case, but you know what I mean). Our drinks were fine, though not all of their beers that they had listed were in stock, so it goes. I asked for water along side my wine, and it was brought rather promptly, but a good server should offer or ask the rest of the table if they want a round of waters, for everyone at our table did want water. The food was okay. My tuna salad was really bitter and the tuna was over cooked. My husband and brother in-law's pulled pork was oddly flavored and not very appetizing, though the home made fries were pretty good. The waitress had asked if we wanted malt vinegar for our fries but forgot to bring it to the table until we had to remind her and the fries were almost gone. She was a very pleasant server, and she remembered our order without writing it down. So, I'm not knocking her, she just could have been a little more attentive and the food could have been better. Again, you go for the view.

• Visited August 2013