“Real Greek food at last!”

Ithaka Greek Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 1,234 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fernwood
Description: Ithaka Greek Restaurant is a family-owned business that celebrates culinary and cultural traditions through authentic, healthy and lovingly-prepared food. Be our guest!
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I lived in Crete, Greece for 20 years and so am quite a judge of good Greek food. My friend and I went to Ithaka for the first time last week. I was not disappointed and pleasantly surprised. This was finally a Greek restaurant that served real Greek food, not the stuff many restaurants pass off as Greek. We started with dolmades. Wonderful! They were fresh and had just the right amount of herbs in the mixture. Served with a lovely lemon sauce they were soon gone. We also had a plate of calamari, my favourite. These were also cook correctly and the batter was very tasty and just right. My friend had her favourite moussaka, which was a large portion, but she had no trouble finishing her dinner! I had one of my favourites, and yes the Greeks do eat it a lot, liver and onions. It was perfect! The liver was so soft and I was pleased to see lots and lots of onions. Both dinners came with soup or salad. I had the egg/lemon soup. Once again, just like I used to make it back home. Delicious. Both of our dinners came with tasty her rice, vegetables (cooked just right and not soggy) and oven baked potatoes Greek style with herbs and lemon. Sorry, but after such a sumptuous meal I could not try out the dessert menu. That will have to wait for next time. Yes, we have decided to meet up every month at Ithaka and work our way through the menu!

2  Thank Alima J
Andreas A, Owner at Ithaka Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

My family and I are very, very appreciative of the kind words you had to say about our restaurant Ithaka. We take great pride in offering our twist on Greek cuisine and are glad that you enjoyed the flavours and tastes. We thank you very much for taking the time to review us and are glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves at Ithaka.

Andreas, Dimitri, Athanasios and "mama" Maria Adamopoulos.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a quaint restaurant, with a whole lot of heart! If you enjoy greek cuisine, I highly recommend stopping by Ithaka. Excellent authentic greek food, and phenomenal service!! I suggest the Saganaki for an appetizer and the Kalamari dinner... amazing! This restaurant is family owned and operated as well, which is always fantastic to hear. Stop by Ithaka and you'll be treated like a part of the family!!

2  Thank HannaKyla

My family and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves when you came in to our restaurant Ithaka. We try our very best to make each and every guest feel more than welcome each and every time someone dines at our family's restaurant. We thank you for the lovely review and look forward to serving you again soon. Opa!

Andreas,Dimitri, Athanasios and "mama" Maria Adamopoulos

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have visited this little Taverna every time we visit Victoria. Good Greek food great service and fun to hear more stories about the family. Keep it up, see you soon.

2  Thank JeanaRose

Dear guest;
From my family to yours; OPA and thank you for such a nice review! We are all so gracious and appreciative of your kind words and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Andreas,Dimitri Athanasios and "mama" Maria Adamopoulos

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I finally went to Ithaka after hearing so many good reviews about it. It was a Thursday early evening, around 5:30pm, and the place was already almost full. We went with my husband's 93-year-old grandmother and had an excellent experience. Our server was John, an older gentleman, who paid special attention to my husband's grandmother (much appreciated) and made our visit very pleasant. I liked how our meals started with bread and oil/vinegar dip, followed by soup or salad of our choice, followed by the main entree, as opposed to everything coming at once, as some restaurants do that. We ordered the roast lamb, rack of lamb, and pork kebab, all incredibly rice and tasty. We look forward to coming back.

2  Thank Moondog604

My family and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our family run restaurant Ithaka. We love to hear all feedback in order to continuously improve upon what we do here. John, our head waiter as well as all our staff take great pride in offering genuine and personable service and we are glad to hear that your mom and everybody enjoyed their night at Ithaka.
OPA!
Andreas, Dimitri, Athanasios and "mama" Maria Adamopulos

Reviewed April 6, 2014

What a great place to have a delightful meal. Nice to have the owner come up and wish us well, and tell us how mama was working hard in the kitchen. Saganaki was flamed at the table and was delish. It was our first time here so we tried a little bit of everything. Roast lamb was melt in your mouth. Calamari crispy and hot. Avgolemono soup was the creamiest and most flavourful we have ever had. Greek rib appetizer was hot and fresh. Don't think every single appetizer has to be served with rice, but it was delicious none the less. Service was attentive, knowledgeable and professional. Dont expect this to be a fast meal. It was calm and welcoming atmosphere with plenty of family and flavour ... We'll be back.

3  Thank b4i4gt

Dear guest,

I just wanted to thank you for taking a moment and review in my family's restaurant Ithaka. We are all so very appreciative of you for writing such kind words and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Andreas,Dimitri, Athanasios and "mama" Maria Adamopoulos