“Above and beyond expectations!”

Ithaka Greek Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 1,189 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fernwood
Description: Ithaka Greek Restaurant is a family-owned business that celebrates culinary and cultural traditions through authentic, healthy and lovingly-prepared food. Be our guest!
Victoria, Canada
“Above and beyond expectations!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have been to Ithaka twice now, and both times I have been blown away by the service, atmosphere, and amazingly delicious and traditional Greek food. This small, family run business has excelled in every aspect of my dining experience, making me and my guests feel as though we were treated like VIP guests, regardless to the reasonable amount we spent on dinner. I have never had such delicious lamb anywhere in my life, and the flaming cheese appetizer is an absolute must for every table. My mouth is watering as I think about it now, and I cannot WAIT to go back! Thank you Demetri and family :)

2 Thank Genevieve B
Andreas A, Owner at Ithaka Greek Restaurant, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear guest,
From my family to yours; thank you ! We all take such great pride and truly enjoyed reading the kind words and love you had for us. My family, and all the staff really strive to make each and every guest feel more than welcome and have a feeling of being appreciated and looked after each and every time someone chooses to dine here with us. We know that clients have over 1,000 choices to go and eat here in town and each and every time a guest comes through our doors we want to make sure that they experience the warm and personable "fun dining" experience each and every time while enjoying the authentic and tasty flavours "mama Maria" creates.
From my family to yours, Opa !
Andreas, Dimitri, Athanasios and "mama Maria" Adamopoulos

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
“Outstanding food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We are in from Winnipeg, and this was the first dinner in Victoria. The bar has been set high, the food was excellent, the price was reasonable and the staff were very accommodated and entertaining. The staff made us feel like family. If you are visiting or live here check this place out.

Dear Don,
Thank you very much for reviewing our family's restaurant Ithaka. We are glad to hear that you and your party enjoyed yourselves at Ithaka!
We hope you had a great holiday.
Opa!
Andreas,Dimitri, Athanasios and "mama"Maria Adamopoulos
“Very Rude Owner.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went there tonight. We did not have a reservation so the maitre d' said he would do magic and made a table for us. The servers were excellent and the food was not bad but very expensive for what you got. We finished our meal and the maitre d' came and took our plates away and said he gave us a table but it was getting busy so we had to leave. No dessert menu was offered nothing. When I went to pay and asked to speak to the owner it turns out that was the one who had asked us to leave. How can you complain about rude behavior when it's the owner himself.
Considering the people all around us were there before we came and still there when we were asked to leave and that he had brought a table from the outside patio, dried it off and set the table up for us, I am confused because this was not a reserved table so why did we have to leave????? I will never go back and will tell all my friends not to go there.

11 Thank Oreo22
Andreas A, Public Relations Manager at Ithaka Greek Restaurant, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear guest,
My name is Andreas Adamopoulos, I'm one of the owners here at Ithaka. I've recently read your extremely upsetting review regarding your experience at my family's restaurant; Ithaka. I am at a loss for words in reading your review. I have discussed this with my brother, who was the maître d you mentioned in your review.
From what I heard, you and your guest arrived on a very, very busy Saturday night when the place was absolutely packed. My brother tried to do you a service by going above and beyond by grabbing a table from the patio thus being able to accommodate you and your guest. Now, here's where I'm confused, my brother mentioned that we would need the table again ( as to accommodate other reservations which were coming in ) I don't know if you misunderstood but I'm very sorry that you and your guest weren't able to fully enjoy yourselves here at my family's restaurant. That evening you were in was extremely busy and we had an unfortunate incident occur with one of our elderly guests fainting and it all made for a somewhat stressful and uncomfortable situation. ( they ended up being ok thankfully )
Nevertheless , I've called my brother every name in the book growing up as siblings, but rude is something I've never called him. If you take a moment and read our other hundred reviews you will see that your experience at our restaurant was certainly an isolated one which is the only "terrible " review we have received. We take such pride in serving good food, in a friendly, clean, "fun dining" environment. And always strive to provide the above mentioned each and every time.
At the end of the day, it seems we failed. And for that I'm more than sorry and myself and my family feel so bad that this is how you will remember us. We all hope that you are able to give us another chance and experience the true Ithaka dining experience. At the end of the day, my brother tried to do you a service and failed, and I hate to say, but perhaps he should have simply told you we were unable to accommodate you and your guest and to have tried coming in another night. Please accept my humble apologies and understand that we tried our best under stressful circumstances.
Andreas Adamopoulos
Parksville, Canada
“Good authentic greek restaurant”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed Ithaca. I had roast lamb and she had chicken souvlaki. Both meals were tasty! The portions were average but prices fairly low for authentic greek.
The service is really good and the family that runs it are very nice.

Make reservations as it isn't a huge place and it gets full quickly!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our first time-and best time”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I went with some friends, none of us had ever experienced this restaurant and our friends had traveled around Turkey and some of Greece and they said the food tasted authentic and delicious. Our friend doesn't like calamari, but thoroughly enjoyed the calamari at Ithaka. Everything was wonderful, they were accommodating to our desires and they went above and beyond by creating us dish to our desires. We were able to learn about the family who owns this restaurant and enjoy some cultural dancing. We ALL enjoyed the experience immensely.

1 Thank maddytho