“Great meal out fine Italian Food”
Review of Padella Kitchen

Padella Kitchen
Ranked #146 of 1,205 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Great meal out fine Italian Food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am a fan of Italian Cuisine and this totally did not disappoint . This was a birthday dinner for myself and my wife and we used a "Groupon". The Groupon entitled us to a set meal of anitpasti, zuppe or salad , entree and shared dessert. For antipasti we had an outstanding dish of Polpette - house meatballs in a delightful tomato sauce. My wife had the zuppe which was a fennel and cream soup that was very tasty. I had an Insalata Polpo, octopus salad which was truly amazing, In itself it was a mail on it own with roasted potatoes, octopus and a wonderful bitter green salad. I could had that alone and would have been happy. My wide followed with a squash and ricotta stuffed Ravioli while I had the spice pork sausage linguine. Finally we shared a tiramisu which was to die for. We each had a glass of a reasonably price PIno Grigio. The service, a tad on the slow was very attentive and helpful. Amazingly we were having dinner on a Tuesday night but it was packed. THere was a table across from us that had a "gaggle" of mums out celebrating and although we could hear there conversation they were obviously enjoying themselves and the meal. We had only been once to the previous incarnation - Paprika's but this was well worth a visit and we will return as there was lots of choice and food was really good value - in spite of the Groupon we felt the prices were reasonable but the food was that awesome

Hi Cicero12,

Thanks for your comments and joining us for dinner. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you again soon.

Owner/Operator

PS. I have passed your comments on to our Chef John and he thanks you as well for coming in.

Vancouver, Canada
“Superb Food - A Different Taste.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This neighbourhood restaurant near Willows Beach in the Estevan Shopping Village provides cosy ambience, good service and limited (menu) but excellent food. It is obvious that the chef knows how to assemble special and tasty dishes. Highly recommended for a special and/or romantic occasion.

Hi Marley23069,

Thanks for joining us for dinner and I'm glad you enjoyed everything. This menu is a starting point and we can look forward to it evolving as we progress forward. Chef John is working on some other pasta recipes like egg free, gluten free and a whole wheat pasta.

We hope to see you again soon and thanks again!

Victoria
“Did not disappoint”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A friend took me out for a leisurely Sat. lunch. We split an delicious appy of roasted brussel sprouts, garbanzo beans, tomato and basil. There was plenty for the two of us. We then both had the salad of tuna with greens. . The menu is small but with a few specials of the day quite adequate. Everything was tasty and fresh. The service was also very good. Definitely will go back perhaps to try for dinner next time.

Hi KasperVictoria,

We like lunch too, that's one of the reasons we decided to open for lunch. I'm glad you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you soon for dinner...or that next lunch craving!

BC
“Neighbourhood Italian - decent food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Took advantage of a special four course for two and brought my son. My green salad was boring, his tuna was very flavourful. I had the squash ravioli and he the pork belly. Both were good but nothing I would rave about. The tiramisu dessert was light and tasty - we shared. Service was good and attentive, but bathroom felt like I had dropped into a diner rather than a restaurant.
Overall its a nice spot if you live nearby - parking is plentiful and free. Didn't feel the meal was worth the final price but this is a relatively new restaurant so they may evolve and I can check it out again.

1 Thank VictoriaRobyn
Victoria
“Simple fare made with quality ingredients”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My son and I enjoyed our second visit here and we were not disappointed. Service was unobtrusive and professional. Food was fresh and delightful. We'll be visiting again!