“Superb Food - A Different Taste.”
Review of Padella Kitchen

Padella Kitchen
Ranked #137 of 1,188 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Superb Food - A Different Taste.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This neighbourhood restaurant near Willows Beach in the Estevan Shopping Village provides cosy ambience, good service and limited (menu) but excellent food. It is obvious that the chef knows how to assemble special and tasty dishes. Highly recommended for a special and/or romantic occasion.

Gparker_1973, Owner at Padella Kitchen, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi Marley23069,

Thanks for joining us for dinner and I'm glad you enjoyed everything. This menu is a starting point and we can look forward to it evolving as we progress forward. Chef John is working on some other pasta recipes like egg free, gluten free and a whole wheat pasta.

We hope to see you again soon and thanks again!

Best Regards,
Geoff Parker
Owner/Operator

Victoria
“Did not disappoint”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A friend took me out for a leisurely Sat. lunch. We split an delicious appy of roasted brussel sprouts, garbanzo beans, tomato and basil. There was plenty for the two of us. We then both had the salad of tuna with greens. . The menu is small but with a few specials of the day quite adequate. Everything was tasty and fresh. The service was also very good. Definitely will go back perhaps to try for dinner next time.

Gparker_1973, Owner at Padella Kitchen, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi KasperVictoria,

We like lunch too, that's one of the reasons we decided to open for lunch. I'm glad you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you soon for dinner...or that next lunch craving!

Best Regards,
Geoff Parker
Owner/Operator
BC
“Neighbourhood Italian - decent food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Took advantage of a special four course for two and brought my son. My green salad was boring, his tuna was very flavourful. I had the squash ravioli and he the pork belly. Both were good but nothing I would rave about. The tiramisu dessert was light and tasty - we shared. Service was good and attentive, but bathroom felt like I had dropped into a diner rather than a restaurant.
Overall its a nice spot if you live nearby - parking is plentiful and free. Didn't feel the meal was worth the final price but this is a relatively new restaurant so they may evolve and I can check it out again.

1 Thank VictoriaRobyn
Victoria
“Simple fare made with quality ingredients”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My son and I enjoyed our second visit here and we were not disappointed. Service was unobtrusive and professional. Food was fresh and delightful. We'll be visiting again!

Victoria, Canada
“Hopefully this was just a bad night...”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We'd been waiting to try this restaurant which recently changed its name (from Paprika) and menu. (Before it changed hands a couple of years ago, Paprika had been one of our favourite restaurants, where you could always count on the quality of the food.) My wife and I have travelled in Italy a good deal and love Italian food. I'm hoping that we just caught the chef on a really bad night... but we won't be going back until we hear some very good things about this restaurant. We had a meatball appetiser that very basic but ok. We both enjoyed the butternut squash soup. For our mains, I ordered the pork belly and my wife had the paparadelle. The service was very slow even though the restaurant was not full. I was shocked when my main arrived. First off, the server did not bring a proper meat knife and the table knife that I had would not cut through the pork belly. Now I've had this dish before and it's always been "falling off the bone" tender (i.e. you can cut it with a fork). Not so this time. When I requested and got a second knife, it wasn't much better. I don't ever recall having a piece of meat in a restaurant that was a tough as this. And the whole dish, sauce and vegetables included, was extremely salty. My wife, who is not usually one to complain about anything, also found her dish to be far too salty. In the end I sent mine back and my wife left a good portion of her main dish on the plate. We passed on dessert. The maitre 'd came by and apologized and said the chef was checking the rest of the pork belly they had in the kitchen (leading me to think that these were probably not made "in-house" but pre-cooked by the wholesaler). They did not charge me for my entre. This is not the kind of Italian home cooking that I'm looking for.

• Visited December 2012