“Owners getting tired”

Cuisines: Seafood
Victoria, Canada
“Owners getting tired”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been dining here for over 20 years . I was one of their first customers and have been on a first name basis for all these years .
They are usually quite friendly and accomadating .
I rate their fish and chips a five star value .
I do not go for the ambience as it is tight quarters and not that comfortable .
It is a good working mans place to go for lunch .
I have found that the past couple of visits the owners have been very cold .
There was a mixup on my bill and I ended up just paying the extra six dollars instead of arguing with her .
I enjoyed it while it lasted but I do not think I will go back . Just too negative experience from someone I have supported and tipped well for years .

• Visited October 2012

“Our Favourite”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

When the urge for fish and chips arises, this is our "go to" place. The food is always freshly prepared, hot and delicious. Though certainly not a fancy place it is clean and the service is friendly and efficient.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Phoebelouise
yyc
“Huge, delicious portions of Fish and Chips!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

You could certainly feed more than 4 on a meal for four which included 8 pieces of fish (we ordered the halibut and it was delicious) 3 massive packages of french fries, cole slaw and tartar sauce. Everyone young and old loved the meal which we ate as a picnic while enjoying the sunshine.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank lsj321
Victoria, Canada
“Yummmo!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Definitely the place to go for good fish and chips/consistent quality/friendly and efficient service. Great little "mom and pop" neighbourhood place; generous portions at good prices!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Victoria402010
Silicon Valley CA
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had seafood and beef, beer and fancy drinks. Everything was great, the presentations wonderful, lots of little unexpected touches. If you like oysters raw, then this is the place. They must have 15 different varieties.

No touristy trappy dinners here, these are real chef cooked cuisine, fresh and wonderful.

Visited July 2012