“Often confused with Nautical Nelly's downtown”

Naughty Nellie's Not Just Fish & Chips
Ranked #199 of 1,209 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've always been surprised that Victoria does not have good fish and chips for a reasonable price. Until I went to this little strip mall take out with a small sit down area surrounding the cook's counter I was always dismayed by overcooking (like Red Fish Blue Fish), greasy batter and small portions for large prices. Too bad it is out of the way on the upper part of Shelbourne near Gordon Head community centre and too bad it is always confused with the poor quality tourist trap restaurant near Wharf St. downtown. For those of you that are fans of Sea Lover's on the mainland, this is as close as it gets here in Victoria. Light tempura batter, not overcooked, with a plate full of chips, a cup of coleslaw and a whole wheat bun. My wife and I go regularly for their one piece halibut dinner deal, two dinners for $16.95. You have to clip the coupon from the community paper.

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Naughty Nellie's Not Just Fish & Chips

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Fresh fish, light batter and really reasoanble prices

2  Thank KipWilson
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My family and I decided we wanted seafood after a long day of shopping. It's the second time we have eatten there and let me just say we will be going back again. It's the best place for seafood in town hands down.
The service is excellent and the food was fantastic. The place should be redecorated as it a bit dark and out dated. But overall I think that if you want the best seafood in town eat at Nautical Nelles'.

2  Thank trek2fast
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I reviewed the wrong restaurant, and can't figure out how to remove it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Great fish and chips; the biggest order of chips I have ever seen. They also make the best club house sandwiches. The owners are friendly and funny.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook